Matrox - c'mon and issue a difinitive statement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox - c'mon and issue a difinitive statement

When will Matrox store orders received after 6/11 ship?
    When will retail outlets begin receiving them?
    How many backorders do you currently have from retailers?
    How many boards will you be manufacturing per month?
    Any company worth its salt should have this information and as a courtesy to your loyal customers (and in an effort to keep them that way) you should be relaying this information. I don't know what you have in the way of a PR department, but I think you will find that the best way to gain loyalty (and hence, the upper hand in the highly competetive 3d graphic industry) is to be forthright and honest with your customers. It would certainly be a refreshing change and probably gain you some new ground from former Nvidia and 3dfx customers who are certanly not used to honesty and forthright-ness from those companies.

p.s. I am not only posting this request here, but am sending it in an email to Matrox directly. Given my past experience with sending emails to Matrox, I am not very optimistic about my chances of receiving a reply (or having an impact by my plea), but we can only hope . . .

p.s. My post above refers to the G400 Max.

Comment

I sent something similar to the Montreal Gazette staff writer who did the review on the G400, lets see if he has the nerve to follow up and do a story on it.

------------------
      BH6 450A 128MB CW7502B CDR SR8583 DVD SBlive! Value Hollywood + AL320N USR Sportster etc. Oh, 8MB G200 Mystique too!

Office: Giga266A, XP1900+, 1GB PC2100. 80GB Maxtor, Matrox G550 Integraph 21", Sceptre 19"
      Home:#1.Abit IS7, 512MB OCZ DDR 533, P4C2600 at 3260, LiteOn 411S DVDRW, LiteOn 481248 CDRW,WD 80G ATA100, Audigy, 2X IBM P202, Radeon 9600 Pro as well.
      #2. TB 1.33G/KR7AR133/512MB PC2100. MSI GF4-4200TI, Maxtor 13.6/40G drives/Ricoh 121032 CDRW, Hitachi 8X DVD, AOpen 52X. etc.
      #3. P3-700-512MB/BX6R2/GF2MX400/
      etc. #4,#5 Various P2 with G400, G200.

Comment

You may have already seen this, but here is one reply from Matrox about G400 preorders...

RE: Status of your order

We just received an update today from our production facilities. We have a large batch of G400 MAX that have just entered the testing phase of production. These boards have been designated to our Online Customers who have placed their order prior to June 11.

We should be ready to begin shipping our pre-orders for the G400 MAX the week of July 5. The G400 MAX graphic cards are produced in the USA. We will require at-lease 1 additional week to send the card overseas. We understand our customers are very anxious to receive their top-performance graphics card and will do what we can to get your order to you A.S.A.P.

As a result from this unfortunate delay, we would like to offer you a 10% rebate on your G400 MAX or a discount on any product offered through the Online Store - upto US$25.00 !

To take advantage of this offer, simply respond back to me with your G400 MAX pre-order number (or your ordering details) and I will issue your discount through the credit card that was used to place your G400 MAX pre-order. If you would like an alternative discount let me know!

Thank you for shopping with Matrox Online!

Comment

madmax05,

I can answer your first two questions since I called them up myself wanting the same answers regarding my G400 MAX order.

>When will Matrox store orders received after 6/11 ship?

I ordered mine on June27th and they told me I should have it by the end of July.

>When will retail outlets begin receiving them?

Retail outlets and channels should be getting them by 9/9/1999.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Thanks, Flswimmer, I did read that release. Unfortunately, it does not answer any of the questions in my post. Had I ordered the card from the online store prior to June 11, I would be experiencing three things:
            1. Joy. I'm gonna get my new toy soon!
            2. Apprehension. If they can only produce so few of these cards initially, is it really a finished product??
            3. Frustration. I could have paid $40 less by buying the card from another source (which means Matrox is making oodles of money from these preorders).

Well, hopefully we can look forward to a response from Matrox . . .

Comment

Thanks, Helvetia:

Please take no offense at this, but I would like to hear it directly from Matrox. Also, you ordered your card on June 27 and they are saying you will receive the card late this month. I'd be interested to find out when I would receive a card if I ordered it today (or tomorrow, or next week). Would I also received the card by the end of July? Or the end of August? If I am going to consider an additional $40 investment to expedite delivery of a new toy, I want a specific ship-by date.
              I have sent an email to Matrox with these questions last week and am still awaiting their reply . . .

Comment

I think your questions are VERY valid. Matrox should treat us like VALUABLE customers. I would also like to know the fastest method to get a G400 Max right now. I placed an order with an ouside retailer, but if $40 will get it to me faster, I'm might consider that. By the way...when you pre-order, whether or not the card has is or is going to be shipped, Matrox charges your card beginning the insedious act of GREED..making interest off the millions, more or less, of dollars of pre-orders. Gee and we wonder why their yearly sales were so high....gives new meaning to virtual sales... or for me very soon... virtual customer. Easy in and easy out..

Comment

I think your questions are VERY valid. Matrox should treat us like VALUABLE customers. I would also like to know the fastest method to get a G400 Max right now. I placed an order with an ouside retailer, but if $40 will get it to me faster, I'm might consider that. By the way...when you pre-order, whether or not the card has is or is going to be shipped, Matrox charges your card beginning the insedious act of GREED..making interest off the millions, more or less, of dollars of pre-orders. Gee and we wonder why their yearly sales were so high....gives new meaning to virtual sales... or for me very soon... virtual customer. Easy in and easy out..

Comment

Working...
                  X