G400MAX Pre-Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400MAX Pre-Orders

Hi folks, I pre-ordered a G400MAX from the Matorx site around June 21st-24th or so. I never did get an email response and so far my credit card hasn't been charged. I am wondering what Matrox's policy is towards pre-orders. Will they ship my pre-order before they ship to stores? I hope so as that was the main reason I ordered there.

I've now seen an ad for a 32MB G400 at a local store and I don't know how much longer I can wait Does anyone know the real eta on the MAX ? My main reason for wanting the MAX is the 360Mhz ramdac as I want the best 2d quality and performance as possible. I spend 75% of my time in 2d apps and have a 21" monitor I want to run at 1600X1200. Matrox's 2d image quality is also the reason I've passed up the TNT2's and have waited for this product. (I currently have a Millenium II 4MB).

Thanks in advance for any information.

Spellbnd,

According to Matrox, you should get your MAX by the end of July. I also asked them about the Credit Card issue and they definitely pre-charge your card before shipping it out, but on the other hand you can always get a full refund if you'd like and get the G400 at your local store if you can't wait any longer. I'm personally goona wait until the end of July and see what happens. If I don't get my MAX then I will cancel and do something else(I dont know what yet). By the way, I ordered mine on the 27th of June.

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

So if I pre-order now, will I get it by end of July too? Did you get the rebate? If they could get it to me by end of this month I will definately pre-order. I would reather pay more than to wait till 9/9. That is a ridiculous date. How did they get from 6/18 to 9/9? They are off by almost 3 months!

Comment

Sorry Kooguy,
        I'm pretty sure that the "end of July" guarantee was only for those who pre-ordered from Matrox before some day in the end of June. I think you're waiting until 9/9 now.

Wombat

------------------
        503+ rev 1.2a, 128MB PC100 RAM, K6-2/350@400,Win98,G200 Millenium (SGRAM)

Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Now that really sucks. Did you pre-order a G400 or a MAX? When did you order? So after the people that ordered in June gets their card by the end of this month, people like me that did not pre-order will have to wait another whole month before we can get it? I guess I will get a TNT2 Ultra then. I can't believe Matrox made a move like this. My new Radius 19 inch is gonna arrive on Tuesday and I was hoping to be able to get a MAX a week or two after that. Man, I envy those people that pre-ordered in June and I envy those people that have a MAX even more.

Comment

Kooguy,

Now, this is my own opinion but I think anyone who ordered the MAX before July 1st will get there's by the end of July. So form ehre on out I think everyone is SOL until 9/9. I haven't seen anything about a rebate and I think that only applies to people who ordered before June 11th.

Dave
            Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Working...
            X