Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buggy PD5 features

Are these features buggy or is it my buggy system:

1) Saving positions of desktop icons across different resolutions doesn't work anymore. This used to be a flawless automatic operation.

2) Desktop schemes act weird. If I switch to a new resolution then add the new scheme, it adds a duplicate of a previously saved scheme, and not the one I just created. It also seems to constantly rearrange the order of them without any logic.

3) Window positions on "Automatic" causes a weird flickering when loading a web page. Like it's changing back and forth between minimized and maximized view. Is this feature not compatible with IE5?

Overall, nice improvement, esp in framerates for Flight Simulator 98. Awesome! Too bad these drivers weren't shipped with the G200 *last* July, back when the public was grinding their teeth for this kind of performance. If Matrox's plan was to delay this release to prevent loss of G400 sales, well, I have to admit this release just took off the heat for wanting a G400 for now. Heh, heh!

Joe

(Damn keyboard!)

[This message has been edited by jray (edited 07-02-99).]

I followed the instructions for uninstalling PD4 and installing PD5 that were posted on this site yesterday.

Although my icon positions weren't saved through the install, once I put them back "where they belong" and checked the appropriate box on the Display Properties/Settings/Advanced/Options tab, they've stayed put. (I also clicked Save on the menu that pops up from the tray icon.)

I frequently have to shift back and forth between 640/256c and 1280/true while I work. In PD5, the icons go right where they're supposed to when I return to 1280.

I've had no trouble with the desktop schemes either. No duplication and no jumping around on the menu. I don't use auto window positions, so I can't comment on that issue.

Perhaps there's something in your particular setup that's causing the problems.

K6/2-400, 128mb RAM, Matrox Mill G200 8mb, ViewSonic 21, Win98, no O/C

Comment

am, thanks for the reply!
      Based on what you said, there must be something running on my system that's interfering with PD's functions. One question: will PD save different icon locations for different resolutions like it used to? This is what I'm having problems with.

Comment

Yes, it does. You have complete customization of each resolution.
        Matt

Comment

Working...
        X