PD513 - Cant's disable V-Sync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PD513 - Cant's disable V-Sync

Hi, just installed the new drivers for my G200, No problems except I can't seem to be able to disable V-Sync in Quake2. When I run timedemo 1, map demo1.dm2, the fps is the same before & after the registery hack is applied. The fps are less then what I was getting with Ogl Icd beta2 because of this.
    I also run Q3 test & Half Life, they run great.(BH-6,P3-450,G200 Mill 8meg sgram)

Any help appreciated,
    Paul.

Look here forums.gagames.com/forums/Forum109/HTML/001858.html

Comment

Vsynch is ALWAYS disabled with this ICD. No way to enable/disable it for OGL. The only thing that vsynch hack affects is D3D.

Are you sure you don't still have the wrapper in your Q2 directory?
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thanks for your replies,
        Yes I did delete tht wrapper. Is it possible to enable/disable V-Sync with the Beta2 ICD? because I get 2 different scores when I do that with the registry hacks. I just assumed because my fps where lower with the final icd that the V-sync hack wasn't working. I'm getting 33fps with demo1.dm2 & 26.6fps with crusher.dm2 running at 800x600 with lights & particles disabled. Is this a reasonably score? I'm pretty happy because the system seems 100% reliable compared to the older drivers I was using (4.50+Beta2ICD)
        With 4.50+beta2ICD I was getting 35&30 fps.
        With 4.50+Wrapper I was getting 31.5&28 fps.
        (BH-6,P3-450,128meg,G200Mill 8meg SGGram,Win95 OSR2 with usbsupp).
        Q2 tweaks I play online with:
        set hand "2"
        set cl_particles "0"
        set gl_dynamic "0"
        set cl_lights "0"
        set gl_flashblend "1"
        set gl_polyblend "0"
        set gl_texturemode GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST
        set cd_nocd "1"
        set gl_skymip "2"
        set cl_footsteps "0"

Cheers,