No OGL functionality at all!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No OGL functionality at all!!

Hi. I have done the uninstall of 4.33 drivers, and a clean install of pd5. I get no OGL functionality at all with two different OGL screensavers (one is MS origional OGLFX) and GLDoom. I get a "...is linked to missing opengl32.dll:deletetextures" error. Please help!!

It looks to me as you are missing the OpenGL32.dll in your Windows/System folder. Search for it on the Win95(98) CDROM and have it copied to this folder.

rubank

Comment

Thanx for the reply Rubank. I do have an opengl32.dll file in my /system folder. It is from the oglfx original microsoft screensavers(flowerbox, pipes etc.). I have since d/led some newer .dlls from OpenGL.org I was able to get the old ogl screensaver to work, and Q2 is fast and beautiful, but probs persist. I cannot get Descent 3 to even detect an opengl card. If I have the box checked for OpenGL, I get a red windows warning box. It does run fine in D3D tho. What do you suggest? And what is a good proggie to try that will tell me if my problems are fixed? Quake2 works perfectly, but is it full OpenGL?

------------------
      P2B,128PC100,iCeleryA337,g2008megsd

Comment

Check Kruzin's manual but add a search for opengl in the step 4...

It helped me to get HalfLive back online...

Maybe if I reinstall Unreal 2.25 it will play also !!

all games, but for NFS:HS in d3d are working now, just because I reinstalled DX6.1core & DX6.1language, where language is your language !!!

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 07-02-99).]
        Jordâ„¢

Comment

Thnx, Jorden. I have no prob with D3D, just OGL. I cannot get third party OGL screensavers to even think about loading, and Descent 3 gives me a red error box "...illegal operation...will be shut down, yadayadayada." Page fault in user32.dll. JOY! Hey atleast its not a blue screen!
          On the plus side, I get 39ish fps in quake 2 at 8x6 with everything turned up, where I used to get 23ish with a few things at lower settings when running the wrapper.

------------------
          P2B,128PC100,iCeleryA337,g2008megsd

Comment

Working...
          X