Possibly cause of problems with 5.13 drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibly cause of problems with 5.13 drivers

System: AOpen Board, Celeron CPU, 64mb PC100 sdram, windows 98, matrox millenium g200. 1600x1200x16/24 bitx76Hz

I normally run at 83mhz bus speed; after installing the new drivers, i noticed in netscape visual artefects around windows, boxes, and some graphics. Before dismissing them as just a new driver problem, I rebooted into the normal 66mhz bus, and have been using them for some time now without a problem.

Before this time, 83 had been working perfectly for months. Before that, I was using 112mhz bus for a long time, with a different CPU. So, I'm fairly sure thats whats causing the problems for me.

I guess an explanation is that the new drivers (which seem really fast and great otherwise) use more of a particular part of the card, or *something* like that, which is causing it to have some data transfer problems.

It won't be much of a problem for me, as I'm soon moving to a different (>100) bus speed again. But I thought I'd post here to see if anyone else finds that this is their problem too.

- Andys

Working...
X