AGP 2X and PD5.13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGP 2X and PD5.13

Anybody know if it is possible to force AGP 2X mode? My Final Reality mark has gone down from the 4.51 drivers (AGP images/sec has gone up, however). My old G200 regfiles were no help.
    Thanks

I would like to know how to force AGPx1. With my AOpen AX6B rev1.1 I now get AGPx2, but rather unstable. I can't install quake2 because of it.

Comment

Okie Dokie.... listen up!
      Under: hkey_local machine\system\current control set\services\class\display\0003\settings (the 0003 may be different) you'll have a few subkeys. Under the CPU one, you'll have an AGPFallBAck setting. Add a AGPflags and the settings are as follows:

-2 - Up to 4x (No AGP Test)
      -1 - Up to 2x (No AGP Test)
      0 - Up to 1x (No AGP Test)
      1 - Highest if test
      2 - Highest if test succeed (Force AGPFallback = 1)

Hope that helps!

------------------
      Cheers,
      Steve
      It's Only A Graphics Card!
      (But a damn good 'un!)

Comment

Thanks SteveC, that did the trick! Final Reality went from 5.08 to 5.34. With the 4.51 drivers that mark was 5.51, but my AGP images/sec were 103. That is 130 with PD 5.13.

Comment

efloyd - you should be using 3dmark99max now... Final reality is past its useful life. It was designed to go up to 5...

------------------
          Cheers,
          Steve
          (But a damn good 'un!)

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'm using the 3DMark Max as well. With AGP 2X, went from 3330 to 3454 at the default (800 by 600). I think that is about the same as with 4.51 drivers and reghacks before.
            I've just about got too many variables here, however. My Hitachi 753 monitor went out last month, sent it back, came back "repaired" and now both Win98 and Win98SE "see" a 751. I'm a little confused. Hitachi is sending me a new monitor tomorrow and I will feel better about playing with the new Powerdesk.
            Off topic, but now that I have installed the full Win98SE on a formatted drive, I cannot go start/shutdown/exit to msdos. I get a black screen with no video signal going to the monitor. I hope this is something to do with this monitor and not Win98 SE!
            Thanks!

Comment

Thanx Steve, exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

I found out that the cdrom drive caused problems with AGPx2. Games work just fine. On my machine the good old wrapper is still faster, about 10 percent.

Comment

Little Help
                  I went and put in AGPflags and set it to -1
                  Then later in the day I found that everything running on D3D crashed or froze.
                  I went to the DirectX diagnostic tool and ran a test. When it got to the test for hardware accelerated D3D my system froze.
                  As soon as I took out the string everything went back to normal.
                  I just wanted to know what the settings should be, if any, for me to have AGP 2X and D3D to work, or if should just leave it with 1X.
                  -Assassin
                  PII SL2W8 @ 450, 128 MB, 8.4 GB, Creative 5X Encore, SB Live, G200 8 MB, too poor to afford G400
                  Assassin

Comment

I failed to do that since there is no CPU key there. Anyone care to explain?

Should I create one?

B

------------------
                    Excel 7.0, Winamp 2.23, Adobe Acrobat 4.0, QuickTime 4

Comment

Yeah, go for it! Be a devil!

------------------
                      Cheers,
                      Steve
                      (But a damn good 'un!)

Comment

Then should I add "AGPFallBAck" too? (don't you mean "..Back" Steve?)

What's the value for it?

B

------------------

Comment

I created 'CPU' key at the same level there is 'GDI', 'DirectX' and other. I also created string values there: AGPFallBack which I set to "0", and AGPFlags to "-1".

With the result that it forced nothing but my blood pressure up.

Seems like if you don't have 'CPU' key it's bye bye for AGP modes but the regular. Well better luck with next card.

B

------------------

Comment

Try setting AGPFallBack to 1 and see if that helps...

------------------
                            Cheers,
                            Steve
                            (But a damn good 'un!)

Comment

According to PCIList, no.

Is anyone else with P5A lost AGP2X using 5.13?

B

------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X