Delete opengl32.dll ant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delete opengl32.dll ant?

Erm on the matroxusers news page ant is telling peole to delete the opengl32.dll from thewindows\system dir.. should we be doing this? i just did it installed pd 5 and my opengl games wont run - i can get the orig windows opengl.dll file easily through a networked comp but just wondering if pd has its own and it has not installed correctly or ant got a lil confuzled

NONONONONONONONNO!!!!!!!

DON'T DELETE OPENGL32.DLL from windows\system!!!

Do delete it from quake2's folder, or anywhere else you installed the D3D wrapper, but the windows one in the system folder MUST be there!

I have already messaged Ant about this.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Ta Kruzin (that was quick=)

------------------
      celery 300a@464, BH6, 64mb pc-100 8ns, mystique g200@moc 108 8mb (rv A, pd5.13.020, bios 2.3), win98se, mx300

Comment

Just hope he wakes up soon and fixes it before 5000 people who don't do the forums read it, and have no hope of figuring it out
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Ah shaddup It was info I had from Matrox with the beta ICD :P The problem I was getting confused with was that GLDirect overwrites this file and often (certainly in my case) when you uninstall it it doesn't replace it with the default windows one as it should do and you are basuically screwed. Hey I was updating the news at 3:30AM yet again

Comment

Yep it was 3:30 AM! And he was babbling like a madman. -- No offence to the MadMan

Wil

Comment

While we are discussing 3:30 am posts:

One more correction Ant - to disable Vsync, you want to add a string value not a key...

I doubt many people will have a problem cause you can't assign a value to a key anyway, but just thought I'd throw that out there.

Comment

Working...
              X