Half-life and PD5!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half-life and PD5!

Sorry if anyone feels I should have posted this on the gaming page, but this forum is teeming with life after the new driver release!

I've heard that half-life runs better (visually and faster) in OGL. Anyone have any comments?

Well, I can't get it to run in OGL mode. I've never tried before with my g200, so I'm not sure if I need a tweak anywhere.

Anyone else having problems? I get the window (This mode is not supported by the Open GL software) or something like that. It never initializes the video.

Are we doomed to run this game in d3d forever? Does it even matter?

It's been a long time since my last posr. Junior member, humph!

------------------
    Michael Frederick
    AMD K6-2 350 (@ 400)
    Epox MVP3G
    96MB PC100 10ns
    Mill G200 8MB AGP
    Win98
    Drivers 5.13.020 & 2.2 BIOS

[This message has been edited by Marius (edited 07-01-99).]

Multi-post syndrome...

[This message has been edited by SteveC (edited 07-01-99).]

Comment

It should work.... I'll check it later if no one else has by then, and see if I can sort it. Did you do the full uninstall of old drivers from your registry etc first?

------------------
      Cheers,
      Steve
      It's Only A Graphics Card!
      (But a damn good 'un!)

Comment

Open GL is still, if not more, pretty friggin broken on my machine with these drivers.

Comment

I installed the new drivers last night and was able to play Half Life, Quake II, Unreal and the new Unreal Mission pack. Half Life looked great except for an occasional strange texture problem on a wall or floor in some areas. Quake II timedemo1 ran 49 fps with everything turned on. Ran Unreal in d3d because its still looks better in d3d (not matrox fault). Dont know what the frame rates for the other games were, but had no jerkiness while playing at 1024x7689(15''monitor).I have a Marvel and I'm worried about the Video Tools not working now. PII 350@400(just for fun),128 pc100,MX300,Win98se.

Comment

Installed the PD5 last night. I too was experiencing "colorful patchwork" on the walls at times throughout the game with the full ICD. I switched over to D3D for awhile and then back to OpenGL and it did not come up as often, but still it occurred. BUT, with the PD5, I will say it played well and looked really quite good. On a side note, I use TV-out on my MystiqueG200 and with the new PD5 I cannot get it as "crisp" as I had it with the PD4 and 4.51. Still working on it. Any comments on the patchwork effect?
            I run a 503+, K6-2-400, all drivers/bios up to date. Like I say with the 4.51, it really was running superb.

Comment

test

Comment

test

Comment

Well, I did go through the whole unistallation process. The funny thing is that the video mode screen even says the matrox driver under OGL, which has never been there before.

Arggh.

TTD: Did half-life run any faster or look better?

------------------
                  Michael Frederick
                  AMD K6-2 350 (@ 400)
                  Epox MVP3G
                  96MB PC100 10ns
                  Mill G200 8MB AGP
                  Win98
                  Drivers 5.13.020 & 2.2 BIOS

Comment

Marius

In Half Life everything seems sharper and the colors are more intense. But there are some areas that the floors and walls have strange textures, especially when you are not close. As you get close, the strange texture disappears.It did run somewhat faster but I didnt have problems with the speed before the new drivers.

Comment

Working...
                    X