That's It....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's It....

Well I've just about had it! Most of you don't know me as I don't post much on this forum. I do read it however, almost religiously. I enjoy for the most part what everyone has to say and their opinions on whatever the topic of the day happens to be. If I didn't, I wouldn't bother coming here. Something has happened to this forum in the last couple of days, and it stinks. Some seriously gigantic jack asses have made their presence known and I for one can't listen to that sh.t anymore. I have not been an advocate of Matrox for the most part, and most of the people that have read my posts will agree to that. There are things that I haven’t and still don’t approve of that Matrox has done in the past. I have always tried to present a good argument and not bash and flame those people who’s opinions were not the same as mine. This seems not to be the case of some of the newer people to this forum. So I am leaving. There are however, some people that I would like to thank before I take my leave of this forum for good.

Ant, thank you for all of your dedicated efforts to bring the newest and most relevant information on our video cards to us. I applaud you and the fact that you have stuck around so long even during some of the most difficult times. The amount of time and effort that you put into MURC is truly amazing. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Haig, if it weren’t for you, so many of us would have lost faith in Matrox’s abilities as a company long ago. Though I don’t approve of the practices of Matrox’s past, It is obvious to me, through you, that they are trying to straighten themselves out. You, I would have to say are probably one of the craziest people I know. To willingly join this forum as a Matrox employee during all of the crisis takes an unbelievable amount of courage considering the bashing that you have taken during your time here. Keep up the good work, there are still some of us who need and appreciate your help.

Maggi, this forum would mostly have been boring without your humor to liven things up once in a while. However, it was not just your humor that I enjoyed. Your helpful nature and talents with tweaking things to the absolute limit (even though we all know it was fake. Hehe) always kept me interested. Take care of yourself. You will be missed by all that came to this forum for laughter and knowledge.

To these others, I wish the best of luck to you. Please know that while I have not written specifically to you, I enjoyed reading your posts, laughing at you jokes, and listening to your opinions.
    ALBPM (aka Paul), Kruzin, Joel, SteveC, Helevitia, Jorden, Hunsow, cpt puget,Flangor and many more.

Take care people. Keep fighting the good fight and don’t let the few ****oles around here screw it up for you (and you know how you are, don’t you glenbrook1998). There are still people out there that need your help.

Cmag

[This message has been edited by Cmag (edited 06-30-99).]
    Consequences smonsequences, as long as I’m rich

I am sorry to see you go Cmag. I am also sorry to see those before you and after you go. It is truly ashame that a few bad apples are really spoiling this joint.

I will agree on your point about Matrox. They have made a few mistakes since this past Aug/Sept. And over the past few months they seem to be really trying to get their shit together. One example is of course making Haig the main Tech guru. To me putting a beta test team together was a stroke of genius. And there have been other intelligent moves they have made. Then again there are still some of the bonehead decisions they continue with.

Back to the point. I am amazed anyone comes here to try and help anymore. It seems the more someone is willing to help the more they get hammered.

I must say though. This is perhaps one of the better forums. I have seen a whole lot worse. I once went to a nVidia forum and was so sickened I haven't even returned to the site that hosted said forum.

Right now it seems as though we are in a valley. I am sure things will improve soon. So please stick around bru. Or at least give the place a couple weeks and come back.

------------------
    Flangor StrongAxe
    flangor@matroxusers.com
    System specs: One bourbon, one scotch and one beer

Comment

Real sorry to see you leaving, both of you...

Godspeed your way and all the best to you,

Jake
      Who is General Failiure and why is he reading my drive?
      ----------------------
      Powercolor Radeon 9700np, Asus A7N8X mobo bios ver. 1007UBER, AthlonXP2800+@3200+ (200 Mhz fsb, 2.2 Ghz) on TT Silent Storm, 2*256Mb Kingston HyperX PC3500 DDR-RAM, 19" Samsung 959NF monitor, Pioneer A04 DVD-RW, Two WD800 80 GB HDD's, IBM Deskstar 40 GB

Comment

Hi Cmag !

Please stay ... I do

You surely got your point and it isn't too far from mine, but what the heck are those ****oles ?

****oles ... nothing more and nothing less.

Recently I felt personally attacked ... that hurts.
        If this community wouldn't have been so rocking great, I would have left forever.

I think Jorden has a brilliant idea in his 'general strike' thread ... it may be a bit strong (virtual mobbing), but I see the idea behind it:

Ignore ****oles (sorry for repeating that word so often)

There are too many pros about this forum and its users that overweigh the few 'misbehaviours' ...

I decided to ignore posts that I don't like. I won't start anymore arguments or discussions with someone that is unable to communicate and I think that's the only proper way to treat those kind of people.

Please stay !

------------------
        Cheers,
        Maggi

Asus P2B-S @ 112MHz FSB * Celeron300A @ 504MHz
        Heavily boosted by the Millenium G400 32MB SGRAM DualHead

Comment

Who are these posters Cmag is talking about and what exactly are they saying that forces him leave the forum?

Comment

The Needs of the Many Outweigh the Mistakes Of The Few....

You are not allowed to leave, OK? Alright then, if you do, you WILL be back, wont you?
            'The Search For Cmag' will begin if not!

------------------
            Cheers,
            Steve
            It's Only A Graphics Card!
            (But a damn good 'un!)

Comment

This is getting pretty bad round here thanks to a few bad apples.

Just a couple of weeks ago with the "who's a newbie thread", it looked like the Forum was one big happy family full of laughs and help (I missed the first part of the tread then the server went t*ts-up and I wasn't able to get some cheeky slagging in - gawd what a bunch of ugly buggers ).

Now a few newbies/lurkers (all with less than 50 posts to their name) have shot off their mouths and the old timers have (quite rightly) had enough.

Hope it doesn't get any worse...

Cheers
              Opus

(He, who if he isn't happy about a product complains to the MANUFACTURER and not those that try to help...)

Its ONLY a graphics card - Get a f****** life whiners!
              (mod of a earlier quote of mine and SteveC's sig)

Comment

This is getting pretty bad round here thanks to a few bad apples.

Just a couple of weeks ago with the "who's a newbie thread", it looked like the Forum was one big happy family full of laughs and help (I missed the first part of the tread and then the server went t*ts-up and I wasn't able to get some cheeky slagging in - gawd what a bunch of ugly buggers ).

Now a few newbies/lurkers (all with less than 50 posts to their name) have shot off their mouths and the old timers have (quite rightly) had enough.

Hope it doesn't get any worse...

Cheers
                Opus

(He, who if he isn't happy about a product complains to the MANUFACTURER and not those that try to help...)

It's ONLY a graphics card - Get a f****** life whiners!
                (mod of a earlier quote of mine and SteveC's sig)

Comment

Hey Cmag, don't let the rantings of a few get you down. This is still the best place to come for help and camaraderie. There will always be a few who come here to just rant and complain. We just have to ignore them. There are too many good people here to leave.
                  At most just take a short break and then get back here. Over the next few weeks we should have new drivers and cards. The forum will be back to normal with everyone tweaking away and posting their benchmark scores. Your not going to miss all that are you??? Come on Cmag we need ya.

Paul
                  "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

I have to agree with Maggi 100%. For me to give up this forum would be like getting rid of one of my childern just because they have a cold. You see I have been with this forum a long time, back when it was just an idea, ask Flangor. The idea was to start a forum deicated to Matrox products, for users of Matrox products, to exchange ideas and help others with problems when possible. So when I see a few newbies come in here and start their shit, like they have the past couple of days, I tend to take it very personal.

Joel

------------------
                    HAVE A NICE DAY! IT'S ONLY A GRAPHICS CARD FOR GOD SAKE!

Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Sorry about the double post.

Joel

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 06-30-99).]

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.

Comment

Sorry about the triple post.

Joel

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 06-30-99).]

www.lp.org

Comment

Cmag - you can't leave now, not as new drivers have just been released!!!

------------------
                          Cheers,
                          Steve
                          It's Only A Graphics Card!
                          (But a damn good 'un!)

Comment

I just wanted to thank you all for the kind words. I appreciate the fact that a lot of you don't want me to leave the forum. However, I feel that taking a leave of absence, at least for a while, will be a good thing. My temper has been flaring a bit while reading some of the latest post from some of the ignorant people who have joined this forum of late. To be honest, it's just not good for me. Although I don't post often, I consider quite a few of you to be friends of sort. If there is one thing I can't stand, it's seeing people that I care for being treated poorly. Rather than responding negatively to these disgusting allogations that some of you have been facing, I feel it beter to leave. I will not fuel the fire by responding to posts that tick me off. Unfortunately, if I stay, I feel that that is exactally what will happen.

So once again my friends, take care. Perhaps I will see you in the future when things have calmed down a bit. Good luck to you all.

P.S. Enjoy the new drivers, I know I will!

Cmag
                            Consequences smonsequences, as long as I’m rich

Comment

[This message has been edited by Haig (edited 07-01-99).]

Comment

Working...
                              X