Should NT PD4 OGL work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should NT PD4 OGL work?

I have installed the PD4 with the OGL ICD to my work computer (P2/350/G200) which has NT4 Server english version, SP5 and DX5. When running any OGL app, following error message appears:

wglinfo: software.exe - DLL Initialization Failed

Initialization of the dynamic link library C:\WINNT\System32\G200ICD.DLL failed.
    The process is terminating abnormally.

Yes, the g200icd.dll is in place and is opengl32.dll and glu32.dll. If someone in Matrox or BB-team has any ideas where to start resolving this problem, I'd appreciate them.

-Tumu

Celeron 333 (not overclocked), GigaByte 6BXE Intel 440BX AGPset (bios v3.4),
    64MB PC100 RAM, nVidia TNT2 32M (was G200 AGP 8MB SGRAM), SB Live! Value LW3.1, 3COM Fast EtherLink XL, Sony Multiscan 100ES, HP8210i
    Win98 finnish

Tumu,

If you have installed the bootleg DX5 drivers in NT4, the OpenGl for the G200 NT ICD will booger up and not run right.

You must have the legitimate SP3/SP4 DX3 drivers installed properly.

I am one of the secret BB crew for the G200 NT OpenGL ICD.

------------------
    Paul Luntsford, LC
    PLA Designs, Inc. Theatre and Lighting Consultants
    NT4, AOpenAX6BC, P3-500, 100MHzFSB,256MB SDRAM(PC100),MillG200AGP/16MB SGRAM

PLA Designs, Inc.
    Theatrical Consulting
    and Lighting Design

Once a Senior Member, then lost, then back again. Very expensive computers that run really fast, and don't really care to brag about anymore. This is, after all, just my job.

Comment

Replaced the bootleg DX5 drivers with SP5 DX3 and it just worked.

Big thanks LightHeaded.

It seems that dynamic lights in GLQuake/GLQWCL DO WORK in NT OGL. So it seems it's only W9x OGL specific problem. And Quake-busy icon seems to draw to top of the desktop like the ICDb2. Hmm..

-Tumu

[This message has been edited by Tumu (edited 07-02-99).]
      Celeron 333 (not overclocked), GigaByte 6BXE Intel 440BX AGPset (bios v3.4),
      64MB PC100 RAM, nVidia TNT2 32M (was G200 AGP 8MB SGRAM), SB Live! Value LW3.1, 3COM Fast EtherLink XL, Sony Multiscan 100ES, HP8210i
      Win98 finnish

Comment

Working...
      X