G400 Max delayed to 9/9/99

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 Max delayed to 9/9/99

Matrox, I can't believe how you stay in business. I understand how marketing works and you have failed in all areas. Here is a list of just a few.

1. Pre-orders are charged right away so Matrox can make money off the interest.

2. Existing products are left in the lurch without adiquate driver support.

3. Release dates are never kept.

All of these errors are great for the greedy buy very detrimental in the long haul. Customers will be extremely eager to buy another product, just for better service

Sigh, and I was going to get a g400max if they were out by the end of July. Looks like I'll be picking up a tnt2 now, then later moving on to nv10 or whatever. Matrox had their chance, and just blew it (if this is indeed true).

Comment

Whee,

Your last sentence is the key. Is it true? Does anyone has any news on that?

Comment

I think I'm gonna have to jump ship too. I'm going to get a new system in August for University in the fall, and I was hoping I could get a G400 MAX. But, I simply can't wait until September. (Sh*tty driver support doesn't help either) Anyway, If the rumor is true, I officialy say F*ck You to Matrox and thanks for nothing.
        Jordan Holmes

Comment

At this point in time this delay is nothing more than a rumour. Matrox have made no official statement on any such delay.

Comment

Hey, why don't you get it confirmed before you start hanging the brown gooey stuff! My contacts in the industry indicate first week of August, not September. I mean, Matrox have already got some MAX's off the production line, so it can't be that long till they ship, now can it?

Comment

There are two sayings which I follow:

" believe nothing that you hear and only half of of what you see".

"Wait till you see it in writing or better yet, get it in writing".

BTW, this is not a flame, Bob

[This message has been edited by designer (edited 07-01-99).]

Comment

----------------
                1. Pre-orders are charged right away so Matrox can make money off the interest.
                ----------------

Not so good. Some places do this in the US too; it's always good to ask first..

----------------
                ----------------

Are you out of your mind? Matrox has more driver support for older products than most any other graphics card manufacturer! Silly.

----------------
                3. Release dates are never kept.
                ----------------

Is this an uncommon thing in the games or graphics card industry? No -- happens all the time with many different cards and games..

It's tough to find a company with better tech support or online support or mature community.. 100% turn around on that tech support -- If you need em they're there.

All this whining about release dates is silly, Matrox just extended the life on your G200's by 10+ fps and all you guys do is complain, with barely a word of thanks.

Comment

It's just a theory, but here it goes:

I was browsing around, and I noticed that a few sites had 9/9 list as the ship date for...

Hercules' Ultra TNT2.

I wonder if this whole rumor of 9/9 ship date for the G400Max was created by confusion by someone over the two cards. I have a feeling that most people who work at online stores don't know jack about the stuff they sell, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if they got these two products confused (Ultra, Max, same difference).

*JUST A THEORY.*

------------------
                  --------
                  Hoping to actually get a G400Max one of these years...

Comment

OrangeJulius,

"----------------
                    ----------------

Are you out of your mind? Matrox has more driver support for older products than most any other graphics card manufacturer! Silly."

Yeah well I guess it's good older products support to release Final ICD for a product that is no less than a year old. How about a new product support?
                    Silly indeed!

B

------------------
                    Excel 7.0, Winamp 2.23, Adobe Acrobat 4.0, QuickTime 4

Comment

Working...
                    X