Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G400 Preorder from Matrox Store: Order Confirmation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 Preorder from Matrox Store: Order Confirmation?

Hi All,

'Tis my first post. Please be gentle.

I want to know if I could find out for sure that my pre-order for the G400Max went through. The initial setup of the Matrox store was pretty bad from a design point of view. Mickey$oft's ASP is just not that good with e-commerce. I have been using Cold Fusion, and it is waaaay better than "cookie-everywhere" ASP.

Anyway, I have cookie turned off, and had a terrible time trying to get my order through with Netscape. When I finished filling out the fields, a page "confirmed" my order. That's it. No email to further acknowledge my order. This is worrying me.

I want the G400MAX sooooo badly. 8)

So, please, for those who preordered, could you relate your experience, and tell me what I have to look for in order to be sure that my order went through (other than waiting for UPS to arrive).

Thanks.

James A.

<b>JamesA</b>: Just a <b>Dumbass MURCer</b>

well i did not recive a email but i did call the matrox store phone number and they were able to tell me that yes my oreder went through and yes the g400 reg. 32meg started shipping last monday 6-28-99.

givem a call

------------------
    I spend way too much time and money on my 3 systems, and I can't spell worth a dam either

noel

Comment

I got the same 'confirmation' as you, James.

While pre-ordering I remember reading that Matrox will get in touch (presumably by email) when the cards are ready for shipping, to arrange carriage & tax payments.

I noticed that somebody has posted this forum to say that Matrox have just sent him email confirmation that his card has been reserved in a 'large' batch of G400MAX cards now being tested.

Perhaps we'll each get such confirmation before our cards ship?

If so, it looks like mine's not in this initial batch!

Tim

Comment

noel - Thanks for the reply and confirmation.

Tim - What is your order number? Mine was in the 9000 range.

What about the rest of you? Those with email response from Matrox, what is your order #?

James A.

Comment

That was me who posted the e-mail about the batch of Max cards in testing. I got that e-mail after I e-mailed Matrox to get information on my conformation about my Max order...

As far as order number It said 11th in canada....

Comment

I ordered a MAX on June 1 and got an order number in the 9000s also. No e-mail saying that mine is in the first batch, but I'm hoping...

Mark Veneziano

Comment

I just looked through one of my VISA statements, and yes, Matrox charged my account on the 2nd of June. I guess I <em>should</em> be getting my MAX soon.

Of course, the sky may fall on my head, and I will never see a MAX.

James.

Comment

Working...
              X