Has anyone run into this besides me? OpenGL issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone run into this besides me? OpenGL issue

Let me start by saying this problem was present in Beta2 and is still present in Final. There are three pics. Check them out and let me know what you think

http://members.home.net/helevitia/pic1.htm
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Hey Helevitia,
    I've gotten the same thing before. Try forcing AGP to 1x. Generally for me anytime I ran a 3D application the textures would get corrupted, then the screen would get all fuzzy, then lock up. I haven't downloaded the new PD5 (yet ) so I don't know if that would work or not. It's worth a shot atleast.

Dan
    Can't wait to get home
    System Specs...
    MSI MS-6309->Bios:1.3 Drivers:VIA AGP v4.03
    Intel PentiumIII 667MHz
    192MB PC100 SDRAM (1x128 Siemens & 1x64 Micron)
    Matrox MillG400MAX->Bios:1.6 Drivers:PD5.52
    Diamond MX300->Drivers: Aureal Reference 2048
    USR 56k ISA Modem
    Adaptec 2930c SCSI Host Adapter
    Imation 8x20 CD-R
    Imation LS-120
    Kenwood 72x TrueX CD-ROM
    WD 8.4G HDD (Win98) WD 6.4G HDD (BeOS 4.5.2)

Comment

There have been other video cards that have had issues with Half Life before. Since they modified the Quake 2 source so much it has caused troubles with a lot of devices (that's what they get for modifying master Carmacks code). I am sure matrox is working on a 'fix' for it.

Jammrock

------------------
      PIII 450 (O/c'ed to ???), 256 MB SDRAM, 18 GB WD Expert HDD, Encore 6x DVD w/ Dxr3 decoder, (TEMPORARY!!!) Voodoo 3 2000 which will be replaced by a Matrox G400 MAX, Sound Blaster Live! full retail, MAG DX715T 17" monitor, 56k true modem. A nice little toy don't ya think?
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I am getting the same effect since last night when I installed PD5. Before with the Beta2, I never saw the problem. I run a SS7 and AMD K6-2-400. I always ran it at AGP 1x. Will need to see if the new drivers bumped me up to 2x and therefore, the problem.

Comment

Working...
        X