OGL Problems in Quake 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OGL Problems in Quake 1

Hello, can someone do me a gigantic favour and try the new ICD in Quake 1? As with the beta 2, I am getting wierd psychedelic colors on some of the textures. I need to know if it's an OGL bug or if it's my system. Thank you,
    Holmes

Mine does that too.
    I think it has something to do with dynamic lighting. I used to have a voodoo I and have many GL_ settings in my .cfg files maybe one or more of them is the cause.
    I can't get GLQWCL to work at all.
    Any ideas Haig or BBZ?
    Thanks,
    Chuck
    aka cannonfodder

[This message has been edited by cjolley (edited 07-01-99).]
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Dynamic lighting in GLQuake/GLQWCL doesn't work with ICDb2 or PD5. It was working with ICDb1 but something got screwed with ICDb2 and is still screwed with PD5. It seems no one in BB-team or Matrox has GLQuake, so it hasn't been fixed either. I only hope that some new gametitles will too give this error so it could be fixed. In worst case, this bug only is noticeable in GLQuake and other games do something different with lighting and it just slows them up without rainbows.

To get the those lovely rainbows off GLQuake/GLQWCL, toggle console and write r_dynamic 0.

-Tumu, still waiting for ICD that will do GLQuake's dynamic lights.

Celeron 333 (not overclocked), GigaByte 6BXE Intel 440BX AGPset (bios v3.4),
      64MB PC100 RAM, nVidia TNT2 32M (was G200 AGP 8MB SGRAM), SB Live! Value LW3.1, 3COM Fast EtherLink XL, Sony Multiscan 100ES, HP8210i
      Win98 finnish

Comment

Great. Awesome FULL ICD, doesn't support a feature that beta 1 did. For future beta testing matrox, just because it works in Quake II doesn't mean it's perfect or even complete. Open your horizons.
        Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X