Great job guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great job guys

Welp, this is a first. Matrox managed to produce a set of drivers that trashed my machine. None of the things (that I've tried, and it's at about a dozen now) that didn't work with the 4.51/beta 2 combo are fixed in the PD5 drivers, and, amazingly, even more is broken. The only good thing I can say about them is that now if I accidently select a stock Windows Open GL screen saver, my system doesn't lock completely, although all the others I have installed do still hard lock the system. My display at 1280 32bpp is completely fried, with artifacts, scrambled control panels and strange colors all over the place. Q3Arena looks like crap and actually locked solid for the first time tonight. I even had to switch to 16 bit just to read these pages. This is just touching the first few hours mind you. There are problems with everything video related on this system now (except my V2 cards). My apologies and sympathies go out to all those that had severe problems with past driver sets that I thought just didn't know how to set up their machine properly. Looks like they were telling the truth. I'm just glad I don't depend on this machine to make money. It also looks like I'll be trying for the rest of the night to get these drivers uninstalled so I can go back to the old ones. I also have a pretty big issue with having to read a FAQ now just to uninstall a video driver. Great job people. I know my faith in Matrox has been restored </sarcasm>. Look, I know every problem can't be caught in testing, but this is sad. I have a very standard install of Win 98 SE running on pretty standard hardware consisting of an Asus P2B-LS, P2 350, 128MB NEC 8NS RAM, and a Millenium G200. Did anyone test on a similar setup? Perhaps someone can address some of these problems at some point, but I have to say, I'm pretty ticked right now. I also really and truly hope this isn't the same ICD Matrox shipped with the 400.

If you could supply more system details. I've got a P2B (bios v1009), Win98 w/Dx6.1, screen res 1024x768x32, o/c MGA-200 Mill SGRAM 8 meg to 140 (Powerstrip) and no problems... I didn't install beta OGL though. I take it it's a fresh install of Win98SE and you followed the uninstal/registry purge mentioned for PD5.13?

If it was me and my system and I had the time I'd pull the V2 cards (temp), reformat and reinstall everything, ideally with Win98 first, and see whats going on.

Cheers

Comment

Just did a quick check. The problem doesn't manifest at any resolution/bit depth other than 1280 32bpp. I do have some slight weirdness (cursors and desktop not redrawing properly) at 16bpp, but not nearly as bad. Everything worked more or less fine except for a very limited open gl before upgrading. How interesting...

Comment

Did you uninstall PD4.xx before installing 5.13?

Comment

If I hadn't, I wouldn't have even said anything. In fact, I'd still be kicking myself in the bum.

Comment

Working...
          X