Multi textureing of G400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi textureing of G400

Hi. I'm quite new here, and I have a question about G400's multi-texturing support.

I found a 3DMark99Max results of G400 at a Japanese web site today. What intersted me was the fill rate scores of with and without muti-texturing. Without multi-texturing, the score is 207.0, and with multi-texturing, the score is 206.3! They are the same!

As far as I know, the score shoud be almost doubled when multi-texturing is enabled. As seen in TNT2's score shown in the page as comparision, they are 128.4 and 235.4 respectively, showing multi-texturing is working correctly.

I wonder if this is because of a driver problem or the chip it self has a flaw with multi-tex feature... Or this is what G400 chips are?

As a future G400MAX user, I'm very interested in this. Could somebody tell me what is behind this.

Excuse my lousy English.

Thanks.

Hello

The scores are the same since the G400 can render 2 pixels in one clock cycle if they each require only one pass.

So basically... What should be said is that it can render a pixel per half a clock.

From my understanding, the TNT2 results in single texturing were due to driver issues (it works the same way the G400 does).
    Hope it helps!

D1

Comment

G400 does single-pass multi-textureing (as should TnT2). It's not until you add a 3rd texture(like a bumpmap) that it will slow down.

There had to be something wrong with the TnT drivers used with numbers like that. It's scores should remain about the same as well.

G200 on the other hand, doesn't do single-pass, so it would show a slowdown...
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

The current TNT/TNT2 drivers also have the same numbers, mine on a TNT 1 are 160/160 with a K6-2 @ 392.

Comment

I see. I was completely wrong.
          Now I understand how Multi-tex works.

Thank you for technical help, Digital1 and kruzin. Thank you for giving me current TNT's score, Himself. I appreciate you all.

Regards.

Comment

Working...
          X