O/C'ed G400 vs MAX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O/C'ed G400 vs MAX?

With rumours (Confirm, anyone?) of a delay in shipping G400 MAX's till end July, I was thinking that the G400 could be OC'ed to near MAX levels, making the whole MAX thing a waste of a money. You see, with the same chipset, the MAX would be (?) less over-clockable then the plain G400, just bung a fan on, and hey presto, cheap(ish) MAX! Certainly saves me the pain of waitng till Mid august for my MAX, I wanna play Requiem, AvP Q3 NOW! (I sold my Viper 550, to cash up for the MAX, and stuck in an old Matrox Millenium 2MB in the meantime, hmm, that's what low res looks like!)

yep id do that (hey i did) becuase i didnot want to wait. got a 5000 rpm global fan waitin to go and the g400 32megers tarted shiping two days ago.

------------------
    I spend way too much time and money on my 3 systems, and I can't spell worth a dam either

noel

[This message has been edited by merchant2 (edited 06-30-99).]

Comment

The two main differences between the cards is that the G400 has a 300Mhz RAMDAC and 6ns memory chips, while the MAX has a 360Mhz RAMDAC and 5ns memory chips. So while it may be possible the contention maybe whether the memory can handle the higher clock speed or not. Right now there are no utilities to do this with.

Joel
      Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
      Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Hmm, looks like I'll have to wait, in the meantime, I'll see if any bozo's are selling their G200's, I can probably get one for a bargain! (fools... MWUHAAHAA)

Comment

Working...
        X