Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many here are planning on dual head use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many here are planning on dual head use?

I personnaly have 2 monitors but cant find a reason in my computing to use the dual head. I was wondering who will use it and for what?
    Do you all have two monitors or are you planning on getting another?

I've got 3 monitors, but before I get more room on my desk, and this desk isn't as full as Paul's as in ALBPM's one, I don't think I'll use the dualhead...

I might want to hook it up to my TV, but then I have the problem that I need to extend the cable of my MS Gamepad & keyboard, so I can play NFS:HS on TV, or I'll have to break down one wall, otherwise I can't see my TV..

Next to that, maybe if you want to play against another player (friend), and both see the same picture on another monitor? That's the only way I see possible !!

Jorden.
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

I use it every day.
      Got my 31" TV hooked up to it for DVDs, and eventually games, when I get an IR kb/mouse or some other way to get my controllers over there. I often just use it to have a music DVD playing in the background while I work or surf on my main monitor.
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I do, I think it's going to be something you don't want to live without once you're used to it.

Comment

I wish I could get some dual head.....

OH!! did I say that out loud

Paul
          Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

Hey, my ears are burning!!! Who's talking about my desk again.

So are Hunsow and Paul talking about the same kind of Dual head here...Heheh

Oh ya we could get used to that alright

Paul
            "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Stupid me. I thought Matrox meant a two headed troll. I would have like one of those...

I just hope they will have it a my local hardware pushers by friday.

(Keeping fingers crossed tighter than the legs of an unwed mormon girl.)

Jake

[This message has been edited by Jake (edited 06-29-99).]
              Who is General Failiure and why is he reading my drive?
              ----------------------
              Powercolor Radeon 9700np, Asus A7N8X mobo bios ver. 1007UBER, AthlonXP2800+@3200+ (200 Mhz fsb, 2.2 Ghz) on TT Silent Storm, 2*256Mb Kingston HyperX PC3500 DDR-RAM, 19" Samsung 959NF monitor, Pioneer A04 DVD-RW, Two WD800 80 GB HDD's, IBM Deskstar 40 GB

Comment

The remarks I could make...

[CENSORED]

[This message has been edited by Hunsow (edited 06-29-99).]

Comment

What remarks Hunsow? Don't keep us in the dark. I hope I haven't offended you.

Jake
                  ----------------------
                  Powercolor Radeon 9700np, Asus A7N8X mobo bios ver. 1007UBER, AthlonXP2800+@3200+ (200 Mhz fsb, 2.2 Ghz) on TT Silent Storm, 2*256Mb Kingston HyperX PC3500 DDR-RAM, 19" Samsung 959NF monitor, Pioneer A04 DVD-RW, Two WD800 80 GB HDD's, IBM Deskstar 40 GB

Comment

yep i got 3 monitors and plan to mess around with dual head weather or not i continue to use it depends on how well it looks/works.

------------------
                    I spend way too much time and money on my 3 systems, and I can't spell worth a dam either

Comment

No Jake, offended how?

Comment

Dual Head works a treat - Just tonight I was using it. I was playing 'The Matrix' mpeg file, outputting to my VCR... (umm, I didn't say that!) while at the same time working on my PC.
                        Cool eh?

------------------
                        Cheers,
                        Steve
                        It's Only A Graphics Card!
                        (But a damn good 'un!)

Comment

I already have my 17 inch monitor waiting to go along with my 19 inch....

I can't wait...I can't wait..I can't wait....

You know, when I was 6 or 7 years old, christmas was like this too.....

I can't wait...I can't wait..I can't wait....

------------------

Comment

Hunsow,

I guess I just didn't get the meaning in your post right. Did you mean to say that the things you could say should not be said because of their explicit nature (x-rated)? I guess so. Correct me if I'm wrong. You never know who might be offended by a little jest like the one I posted.

Regards,

Jake

----------------------

Comment

Dual head`s a great feeling :-)
                              Use it everyday and I think I'd have some trouble going back to only one. Can`t wait to see how it compares to two cards...

J

Comment

Working...
                              X