Can This Be For Real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can This Be For Real?

Well guess what. I went ahead and ordered the supposed "MAX". I made them double check the name to make sure it really wasn't the non-MAX but they claim it is. I also told them that Matrox hasn't shipped yet but they claim to have them "in-stock". I figured they would get it just as quick as anyone else and I will stick it to them if it does not arrive in a few days like they claim. It would be something if they actually had a line on a block of G400-Maxs to ship real soon. I will keep you all updated on my status. This might just turn out to be a good laugh but all I have to do is cancel or return it if it turns out to be farce.

------------------
    -Joe

PII-350(392), Mystique-G200, 256MRam, Plextor SCSI CD-ROM, HP7110 Burner, ADSL, blah blah blah

[This message has been edited by Cabo_Wabo (edited 06-28-99).]

Hey Cabo_Wabo dude..!

Let us know what happenes eh,
    Also how it runs on your system ok..

Chaosers,
    Shlooky

------------------
    Waiting for my G400 Max

Comment

Can This Be For Real?

Probably not, but it looks real purty.
      http://gigabuys.us.dell.com/store/detail.asp?sku=649173

btw, I do know how to spell pretty

Comment

Cool. And they even claim to have it in stock. Decent price too, concidering it's the MAX
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Unfortunately, I E-Mailed the Dell site and they said it wasn't due until July 17th.

Comment

Sorry, but I pre-ordered a MAX at $199.99, a few weeks back, at Chips and Bits, since then they have raised the price for new orders to $250, but I am one of the lucky ones to get it at the old price. It pays to be desicive!

Comment

I ordered mine on May 23rd from Buynow.com for $ 197. But, there is no way to know when of if we will ever get it. I'll probably just pick it up from the first place I see it!

------------------
              Hmmm... Tastes sorta nutty.

Comment

i remember when i first ordered a g200 from buycomp. 114.00 and then promply waited almost 3 months to get it. comp usa had it on the shelf before i did. hopefull pre ordering it direct from matrox will return better results.

------------------
                i spend way too much time and money on my 3 systems.

Comment

Hey, maybe someone can start a thread on who has ordered from were and for how much. This can help out people who are still nervous about ordering one. Also this will give us insight into who gets them first and who gives better customer support. I would do it myself but I am new to this forum.

Anyone?

-Joe

------------------
                  -Joe

PII-350(392), Mystique-G200, 256MRam, Plextor SCSI CD-ROM, HP7110 Burner, ADSL, blah blah blah

Comment

Well I have an update from Dell.

I checked the online status of my order and guess what, the "in-stock" item has been delayed for some reason. ;-> I sent them a nasty-gram and they have immediately updated the web page to indicate not in-stock. They also told me that they would inform the others who have it on order. They also assured me that they would do everything in their power to get me one ASAP. Yes it was too good to be true but I at least got them to straighten up their sales on the G400. Who knows, maybe they can get me the first one they get now that I called them on this.

------------------
                    -Joe

Comment

Well I have an update from Dell.

I checked the online status of my order and guess what, the "in-stock" item has been delayed for some reason. ;-> I sent them a nasty-gram and they have immediately updated the web page to indicate not in-stock. They also told me that they would inform the others who have it on order. They also assured me that they would do everything in their power to get me one ASAP. Yes it was too good to be true but I at least got them to straighten up their sales on the G400. Who knows, maybe they can get me the first one they get now that I called them on this.

------------------
                      -Joe

Comment

Um, Cabo_Wabo - what ARE you doing??!?!

------------------
                        Cheers,
                        Steve
                        It's Only A Graphics Card!
                        (But a damn good 'un!)

Comment

Looks like someone smacked that submit button a bit too enthusiastically.

Yuri
                          Way too much hardware for browsing the web.
                          A computer is like sex. Your never 100% sure what your doing but when all goes well, it feels REAL good.

Comment

No - look - his posts are spread over three hours!

Comment

That's one SLOOOOWW MODEM!

V.SLOW?

Linux /,Lin 'ucks/, n.1. able to be trusted; dependable.
                              2. (tr.) to make safe from attack. 3. having great power.
                              4. extremely effective or efficient.5. Adaptable or variable:
                              flexible OS
                              6.a. not enslaved or confined. b. to remove
                              obstructions or impediments.

Comment

Working...
                              X