OC a G400?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OC a G400?

Anyone know if the ability/potential exists to overclock a G400? (Particularly the MAX)

There's no such thing as too fast eh. (Unless that speed is accompanied by the smell of smoke and the rapid use of fire extinguishers...)

Trinity

Dunno yet - waiting for PowerStrip to get updated to FULLY support theg 400. I wouldn't be surprised if the normal g400 will run at MAX speeds though, with the right tools.

Oh, and if you get smoke, then, sorry, but you're an amateur! The best thing is to keep the fire extinguishers on constantly pointing at the graphics card... Hey, that's almost a good idea!

------------------
    Cheers,
    Steve
    It's Only A Graphics Card!
    (But a damn good 'un!)

Comment

Hi Trinity,

I don't know about the G400 (yet), but when you look at the G200 series, you'll see that those have plenty of room for oc'ing.
      My former Millennium G200 got up to ~33% and my Mystique G200 (Rev. 5) even up to ~45% higher clockrates ...

IMO, every company sells products with quite a margin from max performance, simply because they couldn't afford RMA'ing all those cards that would fail at 'regular' performance.

Same applies for RAM chips for example:
      My SDRAM is stamped to 8ns, but I never experienced problem when running it at 7ns.

------------------
      Cheers,
      Maggi

Asus P2B-S @ 112MHz FSB * Celeron300A @ 504MHz
      Heavily boosted by the Millenium G400 32MB SGRAM DualHead

Comment

Jeremy at www.agn3d.com OC'd his G400 to 166 (Max speed) w/o any problems...

Comment

Working...
        X