regular g400 heatsink? (retail)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• regular g400 heatsink? (retail)

the heatsink shown on the matrox site seems large enough to handle a full size pentium cooling fan. i have a 5000 rpm global win that i pulled off a new heat sink, (being used as hard drive cooler.) dose anyone (beta tester mabey know if this fan will sit right on the sink or not.?

------------------
    i spend way too much time and money on my 3 systems.

I don't know if that fan would fit or not...I don't know it's dimensions. I did fit a 487 fan on mine, and there is room to spare, so some of the pentium fans I've seen should fit on it, others might not...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

ok cool room to spare may well mean that a standard pentium 60 mm should fit. oh and dont you mean 486 not 487? hehe i should complaiin my spelling sucks.

------------------

Comment

I've got a huge fan sitting next to mine...

You can see the g400 by its heatsink.

------------------
        Cheers,
        Steve
        It's Only A Graphics Card!
        (But a damn good 'un!)

Comment

hey that looks like my system only i used black wire ties to hold the case fan onto the
          blank rails. and curently no fan on pos voodoo 3 2000 agp card.

------------------

Comment

I use meccanno - much more technical! It's a 3 wire fan too so I know if it breaks...

------------------
            Cheers,
            Steve
            (But a damn good 'un!)

Comment

ya the extra fan i have is a 3 wire but im useing a bh6 and im already useing one monitored header for the cpu and the other has a 3 wire gloabal win case fan on it (frount of case intake fan.)

------------------

Comment

Hey, that looks like MY system!!! Get outta my house (and hands off the sweets in my top drawer!)

I drilled ventilation holes in my full tower side panel and bolted a full size fan on the side of it to blow over my G200 and my PII. Works great. Bumped up it's overclockability. It's only a two lead fan - I can HEAR when it's running...

Cheers

Comment

What's this side panel thingy? Is it something to do with the case lid? I've never used one of them before!

------------------
                  Cheers,
                  Steve
                  (But a damn good 'un!)

Comment

Hey, you think it's your system - see the card just below the fan - that's a 10/100mbps card and hub all in one! On the back of the card there are 4 10/100 ports. Now that is one sweet card!

You wouldn't believe the dust I get in my system though...

------------------
                    Cheers,
                    Steve
                    (But a damn good 'un!)

Comment

Hi Guys,

I just took a few updated pictures for ya.

This shows my homemade version of the Card Cooler for the video cards. I had to make mine longer for the Obsidian2 X-24 card which is almost 11 inches long.

This one shows my latest addition which is the VEK-12 PII cooler. With two 60mm fans it works great.

This shows the car stereo speaker grill which covers the hole I needed to cut in the side to make room and for airflow for the two 80mm fans for the graphics card cooler. I have since lined the inside of the speaker grill with very thin foam air conditioner filter to keep the dust and dog hair out.
                      My case temp usually runs about 6-8 degrees F above room temp.

Paul

[This message has been edited by ALBPM (edited 06-29-99).]
                      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

merchant2 - that net/hub card is made by realtek (makes all cheapo net cards). Cost me around £60 from a local computer shop here in essex, uk. Very good deal, methinks!

------------------
                        Cheers,
                        Steve
                        (But a damn good 'un!)

Comment

ALBPM I love that rig!! now who is into "Case Painting"? Airbrush the works.. lets have a contest to see who can paint their case the coolest...

Comment

Hey LAMFDTK,

I took your advice and lined the inside of the speaker grill with some of that thin foam air conditioner filter. It really cut down on the amount of dust and dog hair getting in side the case.

Paul
                            "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Doesn't all those fans make alot of noise? I have just one main fan and that's noisy enough for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X