SORRY SORRY SORRY for beating this question to death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SORRY SORRY SORRY for beating this question to death

I am really itching for a G400...I don't need the max as I don't care much about framerates...my question is when will they be available for internet ordering? I know this question is asked over and over again, but according to your best estimates and knowledge when will they be available? I am sorta new to this forum and what not, so I'm pretty clueless.

Thanks Guys.
    Regards,
    Mattias

If you're willing to purchase the OEM version (i.e. no dual head and no connections for Rainbow Runner) the G400 OEM's can be found at some of the trade shows.

There's a place locally that has 'em (where I purchased mine) - Pam Pacific - http://www.pam-pacific.com
    Gateway Performance 850 - Matrox G450 32mb DDR, SB Live! Value, Promise UltraATA 66 & 30GB HD - and Windows 2000 Pro

Comment

what is the connection to rainbow runner?

Thanks again

------------------
      Dudes, I'm so lost....just grab my leash and show me where to go

Comment

Hi overclokked

The Matrox Mystique G200 and Matrox Millenium G200 series have the ability to be connected to the Matrox Rainbow Runner card. It's a video in and out interface for your VCR/teletube.

With it, you can:

# record video to your harddrive (uncompressed or compressed with Matrox's own algorithm MJPEG)
        # edit it (with a suitable program: Adobe Premiere, Media Studio Pro, Avid Cinema)
        # compress it further (VideoCD, DVD, QuickTime)
        # put the final result back to your VCR or teletube.

In other words: it's a videograbbing tool, with many possibilities (sorry 4 my spelling).

The trick is, that it seems that the G400 will also support the current Rainbow Runner card, but only the Retail versions, not the OEM's (AFAIK).

Need more input, feel free to ask again or visit [url]www.murc.ws/Forums.html /url] and click on Desktop Video.

Ghydda

------------------
        A slowly desintegrating nobody with an AMD K6-2 350@3.5x110 on a ASUS P5A with 128 MB Memorycard PC100, Adaptec 2940UW, Adaptec 2904CD, 3 SCSI HD, JVC Burner, Plextor 40Max, SBlive Value SBLive with homemade S/PDIF I/O-card and last but not least - Matrox Marvel G200 16MB SD
        As I always say: You can get more with a kind word and a 2-by-4 than you can with just a kind word.
        My beloved Parhelia was twotiming with Dan Wood - now she's gone forever and all I got is this lousy T-shirt
        |Stolen Rig|RetroGames Rig|Workstation Rig|Server Rig|

Comment

One caveat, the RRG won't work with the G400 with the current video tools, a new release will be required for the G400, see posting at MURC.

------------------
          BH6 450A 128MB CW7502B CDR SR8583 DVD SBlive! Value Hollywood + AL320N USR Sportster etc. Oh, 8MB G200 Mystique too!

Office: Giga266A, XP1900+, 1GB PC2100. 80GB Maxtor, Matrox G550 Integraph 21", Sceptre 19"
          Home:#1.Abit IS7, 512MB OCZ DDR 533, P4C2600 at 3260, LiteOn 411S DVDRW, LiteOn 481248 CDRW,WD 80G ATA100, Audigy, 2X IBM P202, Radeon 9600 Pro as well.
          #2. TB 1.33G/KR7AR133/512MB PC2100. MSI GF4-4200TI, Maxtor 13.6/40G drives/Ricoh 121032 CDRW, Hitachi 8X DVD, AOpen 52X. etc.
          #3. P3-700-512MB/BX6R2/GF2MX400/
          etc. #4,#5 Various P2 with G400, G200.

Comment

Hi guys,

The RRG will work with all dual head G400 cards. Right now, there is no driver support for this combo.

In the near future (better than soon n'est pas ), there will be drivers for this combo.

***Do not get the single head with a dual head add on thinking that the RRG will work because it won't.***

Haig

Comment

Working...
            X