Thank You Beta-Testers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You Beta-Testers

I can not believe the crap I have been reading complaining about the Beta-Testers.
    They are great guys giving us info that no other company would let out. The program is a total freebee to us users. Would the complainers prefer that there be no program at all? It is just incredible.
    If you do not like Matrox or their products buy something else. The G200 has been out almost a year, your warranty has expired - MOVE ON.
    As for those who keep talking about a rebate . You sound like children this long after the fact. This is supposed to be a technical forum not a cry baby forum.
    Chuck

Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Yes, thanks guys.

Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I agree with what you're saying, mostly. The beta testers shouldn't be attacked or criticized.

However, as of right now, the latest Matrox graphics card that you can actually buy (in most areas) is the G200, so for the guy who just bought one yesterday, his warranty hasn't expired, and he shouldn't have to "MOVE ON." If you don't like "crybaby" threads, don't read them. As long as no one is getting personally attacked (unfortunately the beta testers got tangled up in the recent anti-Matrox vent) these threads at least give G200 owners a forum to post their frustrations.

Comment

Right on!!!
        Thanks to our Beta Testers we will have better Drivers and we are much better informed than we used to be. They aren't to blame for the G200 fiasco nor are they to blame for the delay in PD5.X and the G400's.

It's common sense that Matrox won't release the new PowerDesk until they can start to ship the G400's. The real ones.

If you want to vent your fustration, direct it at NEC who's lack of security resulted in a large number of G400 processors being stolen and put into bootleg cards. Cards that we might otherwise be receiving already.

In a way, I hope that Matrox can write drivers that don't work with the Bootleg cards.

"Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Right on guys! I am just completely blown away when some of these people try to direct their pent up hostility towards the Beta Testers. I for one appreciate the fact that we have knowledgeable people providing feedabck to the "Big M" with regards to upcoming drivers. Kruzin, Maggi, SteveC, and the others have also been very helpful to countless people on this forum who have had problems. They should be gettting kudos and compliments, not insults and accusations. There is NO CONSPIRACY to screw end-users, maybe just bad decision making on the part of Matrox... So, if you want to be jealous of some people because of a piece of freakin' hardware or some drivers you'll have soon anyway, please take it somewhere else! My thanks go out to the Beta Testers.... keep it up guys!

Cheers!

------------------
          Manex

Celeron 300A@450, ABIT BH-6, IBM Deskstar 10GXP, 128MB RAM, Matrox Millenium G200 16MB, SB Live!, Adaptec AHA-2940UW, Plextor 32X CD-Rom, Plextor 4X CD-R, USR 56K modem, Sony 17" Trinitron Monitor

[This message has been edited by Manex (edited 06-27-99).]
          ABIT BF6, P3-600E FC-PGA @800, 128MB Crucial 7ns SDRAM, IBM Deskstar 10GXP, Matrox Millenium G400 DH 32MB, Sound Blaster Live!, D-LINK 10/100 Ethernet, Adaptec 2940UW, Plextor 32X CDROM, Plextor 4X/12X CD-R, SCSI Zip Drive, Motorola Cybersurfr Cable Modem

Comment

Ya know,

I was a huge detractor of Matrox, over the whole NT ICD thing for the G200.

I have been testing beta drivers now for a few weeks, for the G200.

Why did I shut up? It is not because I got to do some beta testing.....hell, I do beta testing for different companies all the time, and I don't necessarily buy their stuff. It is because I am seeing great progress and phenomenal effort by Matrox to make up for a really bad situation.

You know, GL ICD's and DX drivers are really complicated to get just right. So Matrox blew it and we all paid the price...yeah, it does suck. But get off the frigging crybaby wagon. We don't have anything wonderful that you are missing. Beta hardware and software can be a real pain in the butt during testing. Crashes and weird crap on the screen...are you people willing to put up with hours of testing for free?

The funny thing is, I already have bought a replacement for my G200, so I have nothing to gain. No matter what they do with the final product, I am getting the Oxygen GVX1 for my personal machine, because it meets my rendering needs better. Only problem is, it is $900US. So I have no axe to grind.

Hey Beta TEsters...here is a thought. To hell with these clowns. Matrox asked you for your input. You can still give it to them directly by email. STop sharing insights and so forth with these whiners on this forum. All they do is bitch about you. So let 'em just suck wind for a while.

Aww, crap....IT IS JUST A DAMN GRAPHICS CARD!

------------------
            Paul Luntsford, LC
            PLA Designs, Inc. Theatre and Lighting Consultants
            NT4, AOpenAX6BC, P3-500, 100MHzFSB,256MB SDRAM(PC100),MillG200AGP/16MB SGRAM

PLA Designs, Inc.
            Theatrical Consulting
            and Lighting Design

Once a Senior Member, then lost, then back again. Very expensive computers that run really fast, and don't really care to brag about anymore. This is, after all, just my job.

Comment

Good thread. As usual it's just a few very vocal detractors whining on at the betatesters. You're doing a good job guys. Keep it up. You better get it right though cos if the card/drivers are buggy... hehe

If the hassle gets too much you can always quote that great philisopher, Eric Cartman:
              "Screw you guys, I'm going home (to play with my new, free G400)'

http://www.beef-cake.com/archive/woo...rewyouguys.wav

Cheers

[This message has been edited by Opus (edited 06-28-99).]

Comment

Well, I dunno what to say.... Um Thanks Guys!

It's nice to be appreciated for doing something off my own back which I seem to spend a lot of time on just to help Matrox get things just right. (Or at least on the right road).

------------------
                Cheers,
                Steve

It's Only A Graphics Card!

Comment

Wow ... thanx for that warm shower, Guys !

------------------
                  Cheers,
                  Maggi

Asus P2B-S @ 112MHz FSB * Celeron300A @ 504MHz
                  Heavily boosted by the Millenium G400 32MB SGRAM DualHead

Comment

NP. Much better than the 'golden' ones you were getting from the lamers hehe

Cheers

Comment

LOL

Excellent, Opus !!!

------------------
                      Cheers,
                      Maggi

Comment

i have to say thanks too, with the info you guys have been giveing out i finaly made up my mind on what card to get. g400 ordered :-)

------------------
                        i spend way too much time and money on my 3 systems.

Comment

Hi Merchant,

you made the right decision

Didn't I say something about +10% higher performance on my system than the PII-450, Ant used for 3D marking in 640x480 ? Make that a +15%

------------------
                          Cheers,
                          Maggi

Comment

We still thank you.
                            Back up above that other thread!

Filmgeek - What would someone who bought a G200 now have to complain about. The people who complain the most got theirs long ago.
                            Chuck

[This message has been edited by cjolley (edited 06-28-99).]
                            Chuck
                            秋音的爸爸

Comment

Hail the beta-testers, yes

I had a good long talk with Steve the other day, and we both were wondering what the Sycophants in the thread were... I had no clue, my dictionary had no clue, but Steve's dictionary said something too ugly to mention here...

And reading that closed monster (why didn't you delete it Ant??) I said the following to Steve:

"I won't say "I told you so" ... We got the same kind of crap over us on the Settlers3 forum... But at least, there we were with 2000 beta-testers, sticking together (I see alot of them still online, and we laugh about old times... I bet you boys will do that as well when all this is over!!)... There's always those who whine! I hope I didn't in that other thread (one of the deleted ones)"

and

"I told you earlier about how people would get to feel, if they read about PD5.xx being tested and that all of you proudly put that in your sigs... Now you feel why I was against that !!

But okay, the thread is closed. The harm's been done."

And

"I'm not asking details, just warning where I can before the socalled shit hits the fan... well, the past days the fan got up to top-speed, was hit with the shit, and we all know who got covered most with it...

I hope it won't let you all down too much; we might need you in the future when PD5 is released, and then all those whiners will be the first who knock on your doors"

Jorden.
                              Jordâ„¢

Comment

Working...
                              X