agp/pci slots ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• agp/pci slots ?????

ok im running a p2 350 oc to 450 and sometimes when i reboot the opening windows 98 screen is all garbled. what's up with that ? ayone have any idea's . could it be irq shareing ?? im not sure if i have a card in the slot next to the agp card or not.

system specs abit BH6, p2 350@450,(no lockups ect nice and stable @2.1 volts) 196 meg ram (nec pc100)maxtor 2500+ 10 gig, xitel platnum storm sound, linksys 10/100 pci net card. external 56k v90 us robotics modem, 5x cl dvd drive (no decoder card removed it for g400 card that is comeing SOON):. and last but not least a agp voodoo3 2000 card. it is just a hoding card it will end up in my amd K6-2 350 machine.

now untill i put the voodoo card in i never saw this problem before could it just be that voodoo sucks.

------------------
    i spend way too much time and money on my 3 systems.

have a look into your MoBo bios ...

somewhere (probably PCI setup) there should be an entry for defining the primary display adapter ... mine is set to AGP/PCI, but was defaulted to PCI/AGP.

I don't now if that might be the cause, but it's worth a shot ...

------------------
    Cheers,
    Maggi

Asus P2B-S @ 112MHz FSB * Celeron300A @ 504MHz
    Heavily boosted by the Millenium G400 32MB SGRAM DualHead

Comment

nope thats not it i was in thire the other day dubble checking settings and its set to agp.

------------------

Comment

Try clocking at the more normal rate thats more likely to cure the problem.

Comment

i was thinking about doing that and if thats the case that card will do fine in the amd system but it will definitly get the boot from my main system. oh even when ithe opening logo gets all messed up windows and games look fine. it's just something that buggs me thats all. cl banshee never had this problem or the g200.

will have to try normal clock settings when i get home.

------------------

Comment

Working...
          X