Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which server sucks more-GA or Ads server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which server sucks more-GA or Ads server?

I love this forum, but it's a royal pain in the ass to load sometimes and now usually, most of the time. First I have to wait 30 seconds for some ad I couldn't care less about to load, then I have to wait for the the damn GA server to give me the forum posts! And the damn thing keeps f*cking up!
    What do you think?

Hey Red2, I feel your pain about the ads on this forum, but it's not too bad with a cable modem. More annoying than anything, I guess. Here's a solution to the problem you're having with the slow ad server though. Hunsow posted this over in the "temporary hardware forum" when the site was down.

http://www.siemens.de/servers/wwash/wwash_us.htm

This will block the ads from coming up your browser. It works really well, so give it a try...

Cheers!

------------------
    Manex

Celeron 300A@450, ABIT BH-6, IBM Deskstar 10GXP, 128MB RAM, Matrox Millenium G200 16MB, SB Live!, Adaptec AHA-2940UW, Plextor 32X CD-Rom, Plextor 4X CD-R, USR 56K modem, Sony 17" Trinitron Monitor

[This message has been edited by Manex (edited 06-27-99).]

[This message has been edited by Manex (edited 06-27-99).]
    ABIT BF6, P3-600E FC-PGA @800, 128MB Crucial 7ns SDRAM, IBM Deskstar 10GXP, Matrox Millenium G400 DH 32MB, Sound Blaster Live!, D-LINK 10/100 Ethernet, Adaptec 2940UW, Plextor 32X CDROM, Plextor 4X/12X CD-R, SCSI Zip Drive, Motorola Cybersurfr Cable Modem

Comment

Wow, that program works GREAT! Thanks for the link. I've used AtGuard before, but it barely worked properly at all. This program was WAY easier to setup and get going. Once again, THANKS!

-DoctorH
      (I have a cablemodem too, but ad-servers are always slow for some reason, plus I have no care to see them.)

Comment

Hi DoctorH! I'm glad the program worked out for you. I haven't tried any other filtering software, so I guess I got lucky when I read Hunsow's post. It makes surfing just that much better!

Cheers!

------------------
        Manex

Celeron 300A@450, ABIT BH-6, IBM Deskstar 10GXP, 128MB RAM, Matrox Millenium G200 16MB, SB Live!, Adaptec AHA-2940UW, Plextor 32X CD-Rom, Plextor 4X CD-R, USR 56K modem, Sony 17" Trinitron Monitor

ABIT BF6, P3-600E FC-PGA @800, 128MB Crucial 7ns SDRAM, IBM Deskstar 10GXP, Matrox Millenium G400 DH 32MB, Sound Blaster Live!, D-LINK 10/100 Ethernet, Adaptec 2940UW, Plextor 32X CDROM, Plextor 4X/12X CD-R, SCSI Zip Drive, Motorola Cybersurfr Cable Modem

Comment

Hey, thanks for the post. It works great. I trialed Intermute and that works pretty good too but this is free (best point!) .

Ant might have a problem with these though if everyone on the forum uses them as his revenue will drop... Poor guys doesn't even get a free G400 either for all his hard work

Cheers

Comment

The ad revenue goes to GA not me.

Comment

Working...
            X