MGA driver problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGA driver problem

I`ve never had any problem when updating drivers for my MGA Productivy 100 (AGP), except for w9x_428 and those latest w9x_433. I un- and reinstalled, step by step, as recommended on the Matrox site. My system does its job well for a certain time. And then I always – under any circumstances - get either some giant non-functional cursor square, or a blurred screen, or 3 to 4 mini desktops in fancy colors. I disabled APM, I turned off/on AGP mode, read-around-write, fitted an extra-cooler, installed latest VIA-drivers (tested AGP in turbo and normal mode) etc. -- no improvement at all. System settings look absolutely fine, in standard and safe mode as well, no problems reported by MS System Information or Norton Utilities, no IRQ-conflicts, no shared IRQ for the MGA. After reinstalling the 4.10.007 drivers, the system turns back to normal working conditions. Matrox technicians could not help, can you?

System: FIC 503+, rev. 1.2, MGA 100 AGP, Voodoo2, SB 16 ISA, Win98

At least we can try

YOu didn't mention what bios your gfx card is running ...

goto matrox into the unified section and grab the latest bios ... could cure your probs

------------------
    Cheers,
    Maggi

Not too slow running Asus, Intel & Matrox based system ...
    Heavily boosted by the Millenium G400 32MB SGRAM DualHead

Comment

Hi Helmut,

did you try to disable the Write Cache Pipeline in the Bios Chipset Setup ?

I have the same board like you and I got the "3 to 4 mini desktops" too, until I disabled the mentioned feature.

Bye, Uwe.

------------------
      ICQ 41229870

[This message has been edited by Uwe (edited 06-24-99).]

Comment

Hi Helmut,

What happens when you disable the "use bus mastering option in the advanced settings of the Matrox properties?

Ciao
        JAZZ

Comment

The problem disappeared after (1) reflashing the Matrox-Bios (1.6 to 1.6.22), (2) disabling Write Cache Pipeline and (c) uninstalling VIA AGP drivers (apgvxd33w). As step #1 turned out to be unessential, I went through #2 and #3 at the same time, and alas, no more fancy colors, mini desktops or blurred screens. One of these days I'll check what happens when I re-enable WC. Anyway: thanks a lot for your help!

Comment

Working...
          X