A way to get PD5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A way to get PD5?

I have an easy way to get the Powerdesk 5 drivers. Go to the Matrox site and click the link for developer relations. In that area, there's another link that says register. Click on that and fill in some info about yourself, and within a week you should be given a developer password for the site via e-mail. Once you have the password, head to the Chip Technology area under developer relations and click on the G400. There are 4 sets of drivers, 3 for 9x and one for NT (these links are all publicly visible but you can't download them without the password). The uppermost driver, 5.20.001, is unified and contains drivers for every card since the original Millennium. Unfortunately, the other drivers are G400 only, but I'm using 5.20.001 and it works just fine, except the included G200 ICD kills my Win98 OpenGL screen savers.

I requested a password this way on June 19 and it was mailed to me on June 22, so the wait may not be that long. Of course, if everyone from this forum starts doing this, the delay may go up or Matrox might even pull the drivers altogether.

With the developer password, you also get access to the detailed technical data sheets for each Matrox chip.

Hope this helps!

Mark Veneziano

Just a note, I'm not going to e-mail the new drivers to anyone. Matrox password protected the downloads for a reason.

Sorry!

Mark Veneziano

Comment

Yeah, profit. Same reason they do everything else to us.'
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

A way to get PD5?

Hi folks,
        This little thought just ran through my head:
        I think the beta testers have been doing a great job, providing us with what information that the NDA allows. However, I understand that they cannot release the drivers (PD 5.20.xx).
        However, what about those who have the OEM G400? They have 5.12.xxx right? And the drivers are unified, right? Could someone who bought a G400 share the drivers? Pleeeease?

Wombat

------------------
        503+ rev 1.2a, 128MB PC100 RAM, K6-2/350@400,Win98,G200 Millenium (SGRAM)

Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

They thought ahead on that one

The G400 CD comes with 5.11 drivers for the G400 only. They managed to leave the G200 files out of that particular build. Normally, you're right...the divers we get contain files for all the cards, but they got clever this time.

DOH!
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
          X