Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me!

Hi everyone,
    I'm still using FIC-503+, G200 and RealTek network adapter. After installing Descent 3 Demo 2 1.2 my computer became very unstable. Perhaps the problem is with DirectX, though re-installing DirectX 6.1 or 6.0 didn't help. What should I do? I'm not sure if it is a driver or an irq problem

-Sarod-

Currently using:
    FIC VA-503+
    AMD K&-2@350
    128 Megs of SDRAM (PC100 compatible)
    Matrox Millenium G200 with 8 Megs (pretty new BIOS, can't remember the number, PowerDesk 4.1)
    RealTek Ethernet adapter
    SB Live!

By 'unstable' how do you mean?

You say Powerdesk 4.1? Have you tried 4.51 with the latest (2.3) BIOS?

Also, you say it maybe an IRQ problem - are you sharing any IRQs with the G200? If so, move the offending card or change it's properties.

------------------
    Cheers,
    Steve

Using dodgy beta stuff in not that bad a PC with all sorts of bits n bobs in it helping to find ET calling home...

Comment

Hmm...problem solved. I downloaded and installed my motherboard's latest miniport driver and AGP driver (or something...) and now everything works again! apparently it was a IRQ conflict.

And BTW, i read your questions SteveC, you know about my BIOS, IRQ sharing and MAtrox driver. The driver was 4.51 (a typo...), BIOS 2.3, and IRQ shared. I forgot to put those on the original post, and sent a new one right after them - like 5 minutes later - but apparently the forum was down again, because it didn't complain about the wrong password, but the post never got to the board. Sob. I love this forum but sometimes it is just soooooo unstabile.

Thanks SteveC for the fast reply!

- Sarod

Currently using:
      FIC VA-503+
      AMD K6-2@350
      128 megs of PC100 compatible RAM
      Matrox Millenium G200 with 8 megs (BIOS 2.3, PowerDesk 4.51)
      RealTek Ethernet adapter
      SBLive!

Comment

Working...
      X