So is it delayed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So is it delayed?

I've heard some say that the MAX is delayed. Does anyone know if this is true? I am really in need of a card now because my Viper 330 just sucks bad. I hope Matrox will deliver to the retailers in a couple of days like they said. They already missed the first date. Sigh...

Unfortunately yes ...

at www.mga200.com/ie4_onearticle.x?id=10624&daysago=2

you'll find the following:

June 22nd 1999 02:32 EST
    G400MAX shipping date update
    SOURCE: e-mail CATEGORY: Hardware News BY: Sander Pilon

Reports have been coming in from people that called the Matrox online store that tell us the G400 MAX is delayed. I contacted Matrox to see what's up with that and the Matrox PR division clarifies:
    The information that these individuals were given today was not completely correct. For orders placed before June 11, every attempt is being made to honor our quoted delivery time frame of 3-4 weeks. For orders placed after June 11, every attempt will be made to honor the quoted delivery time frame of 5-6 weeks from date of order.
    Matrox is currently not shipping cards, but will begin doing so very soon.

------------------
    Cheers,
    Maggi

Not too slow running Asus, Intel & Matrox based system ...
    Heavily boosted by the Millenium G400 32MB SGRAM DualHead

[This message has been edited by Markus Selchow (edited 06-24-99).]

Comment

It sounds like they're having the yield problems I was worried about. I'd love to find out what the percentage of chips they produce actually turn out to be MAXes...

p.s., this is also why Hercules isn't shipping their Ultra TNT2 in quantity yet...

Comment

Seems like that bit of news still implies that there is a chance the orders placed before June 11 will go out on schedule. I placed my order on June 1, so I've got my fingers crossed...
        Mark Veneziano

Comment

The latest look at KillerApp and Price Watch shows some vendors posting a July 7 date for the MAX.

Not that this means anything, of course...

Mark Veneziano

Comment

I ordered on June 2, so they still have 5 days

Oh, and they didn't charge anything for shipping and handling (to Europe); is this a good sign?

Pelle

Comment

Working...
            X