Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zoran DVD troubles - good news and bad news!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoran DVD troubles - good news and bad news!

Anybody else got a DVD addon for their g200?

Found out that the software (Zoran DVD player) has been stripped for almost every option?

Well think again!
    Just enter the registry (with regedit or whatever...) and look under HKEY_SOFTWARE\Matrox DVD\.

You should discover that if you change the options from "grayed" to "enabled", you can configure ALOT more, like sound etc.

Problem:
    When playing DVD on TV, Zoran DVD automaticly switches to the format of the film (i.e. region 1 - NTSC output to TV), this is bad because i buy region 1 movies (NTSC) and live in denmark (PAL). Does anybody know how to override this (without the use of a NSTC -> PAL converter box)?

Very interesting. Does this mean that if a TV has dual reception capability like mine, I can view all DVD regions?
    In your case, have you tried going into Matrox advanced display properties and selecting PAL output either before or after you start the movie?
    Cheers
    Brent

Comment

> Very interesting. Does this mean that if a TV has dual reception capability like mine, I can view all DVD regions?

I would guess so, though you do not have ulimited region shifts (mayby this too can be changes manualy in the registry?)

> In your case, have you tried going into Matrox advanced display properties and selecting PAL output either before or after you start the movie?

Before AND after! The cewl thing is that it displays full screen always on the TV and it is really sharp, but as long as it selects NTSC rather than PAL, it will only be in B/W.

NOTE: It is under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Zoran/. Guess i was a little tired!

Comment

Working...
      X