G400 DVD Max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 DVD Max

To any of you lucky BETA testers of the G400, how is the DVD Max? I own a RealMagic Hollywood Plus DVD Decoder card right now, and am just wondering if the DVD playback on the Millennium G400/Max is comparable to the RealMagic card or the ATi Rage Fury. I absolutely love the idea of being able to output to screens simultaniously, and can't wait to try it out for myself! Thanks!

Larry

I have used the ATI Rage Fury, and the Creative Dxr2. G400 is definatly as good or better than either of these. The image is clear and stable, and there are better controls for color/hue/etc. than either of the others I've used.

And it's too cool to have a flick or concert DVD playing on my TV while I surf or e-mail or work

------------------
    P2-350(@103*4=412), Asus P2B(1009), 128meg PC100, MillG400 32meg(PD5.20.???), CL SB Live!Value, CL PC-DVD, Mitsumi CD-R, WD UDMA 8.4&6.4 gig, (2)USR 56k(multilinked), 3Com 905B-TX, etc...

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Just wonderin', are you using that Zoran thing or is it the Matrox DVD Player that the retail versions of the cards will be shipped with?

What's the CPU usage when playing DVD? Can you play Q3Test on one monitor while watchin L.A Confidential on the other? (That'd make for an interesting evening )

Comment

I'm using the MatroxDVD player that ships with the cards (all the beta boiz got production cards/software), no more of that Zoran stuff (I never did get that working right)

My cpu usage is right around 30%, leaving plenty to playwith.

But don't count on playing any heavy duty games while playing a DVD.
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
        X