Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need info/opinion, Kruzin, Markus, Haig, others?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need info/opinion, Kruzin, Markus, Haig, others?

Looking to put a G200 into a SS7 System. I was wondering what kind of performance/quirks/etc differences there would be between the G200 SGRAM w/memory upgrade and the G200 SD with the installed 16M?

I have had no experiences with the SD version at all but can get one at a fairly good price.

------------------
    Dean
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PDP-11, Dec-writer & ZD-11 Terminal Unit, RSTS-OS

PDP-11, Dec-writer & ZD-11 Terminal Unit, RSTS-OS

The SGram will overclock better...but not if you ad the extra 8meg. Same with the 16meg base card. Most people have settled on 8meg, with some form of overclocking. The only reason I would suggest the 16meg version is if you are doing more graphics work than gaming. Either 8meg version would get you better game performance than any 16meg.

Another drawback is that since the 16meg base card is newer than the most recent 4.51 drivers, and that card is not recognised by those drivers. So you would have to wait for PD5 (any day hope hope hope) to get you up to speed on the driver/OGL issue.

Just get a G400, and all your problems are solved

------------------
    P2-350(@103*4=412), Asus P2B(1009), 128meg PC100, MillG400 32meg(PD5.20.???), CL SB Live!Value, CL PC-DVD, Mitsumi CD-R, WD UDMA 8.4&6.4 gig, (2)USR 56k(multilinked), 3Com 905B-TX, etc...

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I think Ken's said all there is to say!

------------------
      Cheers,
      Steve

Using dodgy beta stuff in not that bad a PC with all sorts of bits n bobs in it helping to find ET calling home...

Comment

One thing to add:

it depends on the actual revision the board is produced ...

My Rev-5 Mystique with SDRAM outperforms my former Millennium with SGRAM when overclocking both to the max ...

------------------
        Cheers,
        Maggi

Not too slow running Asus, Intel & Matrox based system ...
        Heavily boosted by the Millenium G400 32MB SGRAM DualHead

Comment

Working...
        X