G400 MAX orders from the Matrox Store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 MAX orders from the Matrox Store

Here's a bit of news that I copied from a post over on the AGN Forum. I removed the names to protect the inocent
    Note: This concerns the MAX and not the regular G400's.
    --------------------------------------------
    I've sent a mail to Matrox in order to know
    what's the situation with my pre-order that I've made on june 5-6 read what they've
    reply, it's not fake, it's in french, but I will translate in English after.

>===== Original Message From ***** ***** =====
    >Bonjour Nicolas,>
    >Malhereusement, j'ai des mauvais nouvelles. La direction nous a envoyer une
    >lettre vendredi indiquant que le G400 Max est prevues de partir vers la fin
    >de juillet (ils parlaient des problemes dans la production).>
    >*******

Nicolas it's me
    so in english (I'm french, so don't pay attention to my errors "Unfortunately, I've got bad news. The ***boss*** have sent us a mail friday by saying G400MAX is delayed until the end of july (it seems that there are problems on the production).

---------------------------------------------
    Has anyone here heard from Matrox regarding their G400 MAX order lately??????

Sounds like they are having yield problems with the faster chips needed for the MAX.

Paul

[This message has been edited by ALBPM (edited 06-21-99).]
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

If you go to the Matrox preorder page, it says 5-6 weeks for the MAX as of June 11. That's almost the end of July anyway. I hope this doesn't turn into another vaporware product like the Voodoo3 3500...

BTW, most of the online vendors that were advertising a 6/18 stock date for the G400 standard and MAX have bumped this back to 7/14. Some have gone as far as putting the standard at 7/14 and the MAX as unknown.

Another interesting thing is how I already received and paid my credit card bill with the charge for the MAX on it.
    Mark Veneziano

Comment

Boy this is starting to sound like the Matrox we all know and love. First the NT thing and now over zealous promises on release of product.(got your money though)

Is it me or is this what they did to us last year? I will wait to the full retail version is in the hands of those that can get em.

Anyone for a delivery date pool? I say August if your lucky.

Comment

I know what you mean. I made my pre-order on May 25th from www.mwave.com

I have sent them no less than 2 letters asking about availability. I see they've already charged my credit card as well. How nice! Charging for products that don't exist.

I'm tired of the wait; as of this evening Matrox is losing my $217. I'm not waiting another month and a half.

Comment

Hi Guys,

I just found another note over here:

http://www.mga200.com/onearticle.x?id=10624&daysago=0

June 22nd 1999 02:32
          G400MAX shipping date update

Reports have been coming in from people that called the Matrox online store
          that tell us the G400 MAX is delayed. I contacted Matrox to see what's up
          with that and Andrea (Matrox PR representative) clarifies:

The information that these individuals were given today
          was not completely correct. For orders placed before
          June 11, every attempt is being made to honor our
          quoted delivery time frame of 3-4 weeks. For orders
          placed after June 11, every attempt will be made to
          honor the quoted delivery time frame of 5-6 weeks from
          date of order.

Remember, this is concerning the MAX only.

------------------
          Cheers,
          Maggi

Not too slow running Asus, Intel & Matrox based system ...
          Actually boosted by the Millenium G400 32MB SGRAM DualHead 8-)

Comment

Working...
          X