UT Night....... For old times sake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT Night....... For old times sake

I miss our huge games from a long time ago. It seems like forever since we were taking group shots like this one:

There are still plenty of us out here that play regularly, but we never seem to be in the same place at the same time. I know that a lot of you have moved on to other games or have just lost the UT vibe but I want to persuade you to dust off the ol' UT box and come play again, if only for a night. There are a lot of new players in the MURC that have not been able to enjoy a large game among other MURCers.

Here's my proposal

Let's plan a night when we can all be around and play together again. I would like to get a game together on a Friday or Saturday night where we could relive old times. One of the jobs that we will have to tackle first is securing a server that would hold us all comfortably. I know that the MGI was a little buggy there for a while (that's kinda when it all fell apart), but I would like to see if it is up to the task. If not, we can surely find one out there that we could play on.

What do you think?
    Is anyone else interested?
    Is it a pipe dream?
    Could this happen?

EDIT: Putting the proposed time and date at the top of the thread so that you don't have to search for it.

Here is the proposed time AND DATE of the game:
    Saturday 06-23-01
    4:00pm Central Time Zone in America
    21:00 GMT
    @916 "Internet Time"

[This message has been edited by Kindness! (edited 16 June 2001
    Last edited by Pneumatic; 11 July 2001, 04:49.

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Well, i`m in. Just state the date. BTW Kindness!, @ what times are u usually online?

------------------
    Seth, are you ok ?
    I`m peachy, Kate. The world is my oyster.
    Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

I would play too if you want me to

mfg
      wulfman

[This message has been edited by Wulfman (edited 11 June 2001).]
      "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
      "Lobsters?"
      "Really? I didn't know they did that."
      "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Definately, late friday night (est) or all saturday night would be best
        jim

System 1:
        AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
        Epox 8K7A
        2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
        an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
        SBLIVE 5.1
        Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
        IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
        Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
        3Com Hardware Modem
        Teac 20/10/40 burner
        Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Kindness you must be a mind reader! I was going to post the same thing!
          hmm I wonder if MTS is up to taking us on again?
          Haig get your ppl ready!!!

Lets say Friday night 9p est? Will that work?
          You can meet us in the clan irc channel irc.gameslink.net #[MU]

The MGI's ip is 204.50.135.80 pw=murc Ill have it set up for three team DM.

Oboy
          Time to make the wafers!
          Oboy Inside!

intel P4 2.26 @ 2.957Ghz

"Life isn't like a box of chocolates...it's more like a jar of
          jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow."

Comment

I stopped playing, primarily 'cause I really blow at UT......however, it was always really fun playing with you all, so I'm in. And I kind of miss getting zapped by Beezer's shock rifle. Sounds like fun and a great idea.

John (aka Dr_John[MU])

Comment

I'll plan to be there.....I think I still owe Snake-Eyes a piece of the Flak I pulled out of my *ss from last time we played
              AMD 2500XP @ 2.3 GHz
              512 MB DDR PC3700 DChann
              ATI Radeon 9800 Pro now (s'alright)
              SB Live 5.1 Value
              80GB Drive

Comment

I'm glad to see that there is some interest.

Do you think that we should plan it for this weekend or the following weekend? I thought we might give it a couple of weeks so that we can make sure to get the word out to the people that don't come to the MURC gaming forums so often. Also if people have enough warning they might actually PLAN to be there so there will be a better turn out (not that anyone is going to turn down a hot date to play a game , but you know what I mean).

Input is welcome....

-------------------------------------------------------
                omegaRED: I am usually on line around 7 or 8 pm Central time here in the USA. I don't know how that translates to Skopje Macedonia time. I haven't been playing as much lately since Snake-Eyes is in the process of moving. He was kind of my partner in the games (even though we were not on the same team).

Wulfman: Of course we want you! The more the merrier.

Comment

Hmmm. We could set for the coming weekend, but then again, since i still play a lot of UT, it won`t be problem for me if you guys want to play every week. It could become a weekly tradition. Say, every Saturday @ 3 am CET, everyone joins #[MU] and off we go.

Ofcourse, the day & time are off the top of my head, but personally i`d like if we play around 1-3 AM CET. There are less users online on my ISP so my ping should be bearable.

------------------
                  Seth, are you ok ?

Comment

Oh yeah and wulfman, you have to add [MU] to your online nick

------------------
                    Seth, are you ok ?

Comment

Actually Snake-Eyes and I dropped the "[MU]" because we were getting accused of cheating all the time. People thought that we were teaming up in the DM servers. That's a compliment, I guess, since we were playing harder AGAINST EACHOTHER than anyone else!

What is the time difference between America and Macedonia anyway? And excuse my ignorance, but what is "CET"?

Comment

Find out what time it is.
                        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

[MU]? [hcc]? [hcc] - MU..

happy camper cows

mfg
                          wulfman

"Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
                          "Lobsters?"
                          "Really? I didn't know they did that."
                          "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Cool site xortam!

Macedonia is 7 hours ahead of me (Central Time Zone in America).

omegaRED, that means that you either stay up REALLY late or get up REALLY early! I've seen you on line (at least responding to posts on MURC) at 7 or 8 my time and that means that you are up at 2 or 3 in the morning! That's too late for me during the week.

Comment

Well, i stay up very late ( 2-4 AM ). @ what time did you think we should play? Is 7-8 pm your time ok with you or do you want to play later in the night?

------------------
                              Seth, are you ok ?

Comment

Working...
                              X