Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counter-Strike under WinXP

Hello guys.

I've just installed WindowsXP on my computer and was checknig Counter-Strike, but I can't make it work in OpenGL.

Does anyne know what happens ?

- I have a G400 DH card, with Rainbow Run G Series installed,
    - I've tried with both 5.52 and 5.31 win2K drivers, but it fails all the time,
    - I have updated the BIOS of the G400,
    - It works fine with DirectX, but OpenGL is really faster !!!

I think that I succesfully installed CS under Win2K without any problem, so I guess it's a specifi WinXP problem, but I prefer to ask you all.

Thanks a lot if you can help me.

Best regards?

What build of XP are you using? If you are using build 2462, then the 5.52 drivers should work for you. I just installed build 2505 and none of the Matrox drivers for WIN2K would work with Quake 3, so I just let XP load its' own drivers and Q3 now runs fine. I have heard of others having problems using Matrox drivers with builds higher than 2462... Give the default drivers a shot and see what happens.

- Manex
    Last edited by Manex; 4 July 2001, 07:02.
    ABIT BF6, P3-600E FC-PGA @800, 128MB Crucial 7ns SDRAM, IBM Deskstar 10GXP, Matrox Millenium G400 DH 32MB, Sound Blaster Live!, D-LINK 10/100 Ethernet, Adaptec 2940UW, Plextor 32X CDROM, Plextor 4X/12X CD-R, SCSI Zip Drive, Motorola Cybersurfr Cable Modem

Comment

openGL = 60Hz ?

Hey,
      i also use Win XP (2505) but when i play a game which uses openGL (like Quake3) i get a poor refresh rate of 60 Hz - does anyone know how to improve openGL refresh rate?
      I tried installing the Matrox drivers for my G400, but they do not work properly with Win XP..

Thanks in advance

Comment

Manex

So Ms have put drivers for OpenGL in the builds now? I think I tried the drivers in build 2464 and then i got an "No OpenGL driver present". But I have an Marvel G400tv, perhaps they doesn't have put OpenGL in these drivers yet.

/Cpt_KiRK

Comment

Working...
        X