Battle for Dune Multi-texture problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle for Dune Multi-texture problem

Has anyone here had the problem where after a while in Battle for Dune, the textures get all corrupted on the sand and just polygons start tessalating in correctly. Game slows and it crashes.

I have tried just about everything I can in the book. The only solution is to disable multi-texture. Then the game looks like shit. I know the G400 is capable of doing Multi-texturing. Its just a problem of how much can it be taxed before a game like this becomes unplayable.

Win2k SP2
    PIII 800E
    Matrox G400 Max 5.52 (latest bios
    1GB RAm
    Sblive

If need be I can blurt my IRQ's and such.

Same problem here. But, when turning multi texturing off, I put the other graphical controls to maximum. I don't think the game looks that crappy now. Big confort, right...? Let's hope Matrox releases a patch (as with so many other games) fixing this.
    Fett med para

Comment

Yep, me too, kinda dissapointing. But ive gotten used to the crappy look without multitexturing...
      Also, has anyone with a G400 tried HW T&L within the game, if so, how does it run?

Thanks

Frankfurt
      Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
      WinXP Professional SP1
      Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1
      3COM 905C

Comment

I have a G400 Max and am running it with T&L. Look's fine.
        Fett med para

Comment

Is it a fun game? I heard about it and then forgot about it. As a loving Dune fan, I would ordinarily run to the store and buy it, but I'm down on my cash sources so some reviews from fellow Murcer's are needed....

-Dimitri
          "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
          --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

I'm sad to say that I'm a traitor.

I switched to playing games on a GF2 GTS some time ago. On that, EBFD works very stable, at least in Windows 2000.

Comment

No problems here!

I run the game at 1024x768 in 16-bit mode to keep the FPS up. I also lower the shadow details by one notch from the maximum. I never had any of those multi-texture problems. This was on a Pentium III 600 Mhz with 256 MB of RAM and Windows 98.

Now, Urban Terror mod for Q3A gives me those problems!
              Last edited by antdude; 7 July 2001, 20:16.
              Ant @ The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx)

Comment

Well I have a Kyro2 and I can't run the game with HW T&L, but I get decent fps at 1024x768x32 with everything maxed.

And I have to say that it's truly wonderful game.

Comment

In me experience with Emperor, I got the best results for battle by using the following settings:

Resolution 640x480
                  Shadows Off
                  Multitextures Off
                  H Lighting Off
                  and all graphics settings to Medium.

That gave me the best results for battles, i.e. fewer slowdowns when I marched my army into battle. It does look better with MT on, but if it don't run...

You can try to enable MT and disables Shadows and drop some of the other settings. Shadows can cause big problems for the G400.

Hope that helps a bit.
                  “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                  –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                  X