TFC/CS/Q3 Reunion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TFC/CS/Q3 Reunion?

Well, Pace just gave me the idea in that Q3 patch thread. Since we're going to be having a UT reunion, why not also have a TFC game, or CS, or Q3? Or any game? I tried UT some time back, but didn't like it too much, else I'd join you guys.

I'm always for for a TFC game. Rags and I still play regularly, and have rcon access to the Matrox TFC server.
    2 weeks from tonight (7/23/01) works for me.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I play CS, Q3 and UT (also Q2 if anyone is that old here, no offence LS ).

I'd play TFC against MURCers though, just put me under the "Who's going to be a decoy?" category

P.
      Meet Jasmine.
      flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

decoy? you mean walking fragcounter increaser

I'm all in for a q3a 'MURC' game... I can run the server without a prob on my 100mb connex, so most people with good connections to a fast backbone will get reasonable to good ping to my server

Comment

dZeus, are you in .nl, aren't you?
          That sounds pretty good for ping/latency for me.

I'm in for any Q3A, HL TFC or Q1 game.
          I don't have Team Arena though.

And definitely NO unreal tournament or CS.

Comment

indeed .nl ... I'm on high bandwidth/low latency connection, but thats mostly to the UK and US.... so if you don't have a good connection to the UK, you probably won't have a good connection to my server as well

Comment

Hmm...
              I've been playing more TFC lately. Actually, I've been playing murderball. Lots of fun, it becomes complete chaos when you have 20 people on the server. How about we put that up on the MGI server?

Pace, I used to play TF in Q1

Comment

UK is the only place I ever play at.. and I often have a lower latency that many who actually are from UK.

Comment

Hehe, I ping 80-130 to UK servers!

Comment

I am always up for a TFC match, Just pop into the MGI server once in while, or set up a time here.

Just don't get too upset when Kruzin and I don't let you get our flag, and it will be very rare for you to get our flag , you are more likely to eat several low flying EMP's than even see our flag

Maybe we can even get Haig in to get his ass whooped too

Rags

[This message has been edited by Rags (edited 25 June 2001).]

Comment

Be gentle. I bruise easy

Haig

Comment

Not a chance

Rags

Comment

Whoa, that TFC server is in the UK?!? I figured with the ping I got, mid to low 100's, sometimes less, it was somewhere in the US... neat! I can't stand UT, TFC's ok, and CS is the bomb.

Comment

Yeah, you two are master engineers. I used to be a pretty good demoman back in the Quake1 TF days. But that was back in the Quake1 TF days But since I've played so much TF, I can pretty much play any class and get at least a few frags. Hehe, recently my friend gave me the idea of running after people and stabbing them in the back as a spy. Pretty funny when a HWGuy comes along, thinking he's invincible, then you go behind him and he's dead with two stabs

I think murderball would be great fun. Not the best designed map, but as I said, it becomes insane with 18 players or more. All the spam actually gets my framerate down the the 20s. I haven't been on the MGI server in a while, what maps are in the rotation?

Comment

Count me in if the game is TFC...

A while ago, I tried getting on that denver server Rags & Kruzin used to play on but my ping was garbage.

I ping well to Matrox's server these days. Weekends are tougher for me as I'm usually on a golf course somewhere, but I'll try to make any time/date.

Fenster
                              PIII 550@605
                              IWill Motherboard VD133
                              VIA Chipset
                              512MB PC133 CAS2 Crucial
                              G400 DH 32MB (6.51 Drivers)
                              DirectX 8.0a
                              SB Live! Value
                              8x DVD (Toshiba)
                              6x4x24 CDRW (Sony)
                              Intel Pro/100+ NIC
                              3Com CMX Cable Modem