Crimson Skies an Tony Hawk 2 don't like the G200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crimson Skies an Tony Hawk 2 don't like the G200

When I start Tony Hawk 2 or Crimson Skies, everythings seems to work fine, but when I want to start playing Tony Hawk 2 freezes when entering the level and Crimson Skies drops me back to the Windows-Desktop.
    Does anybody know what the problem could be?
    I use the latest drivers for the G200!

The Games work fine on my other PC (Thunderbird1200, 256MB RAM, GF2GTS).

thanx
    Elemental
    Pentium3 500Mhz
    192MB Ram
    Matrox Millennium G200(8MB)

Hi Elemental
    Tony Hawk freezes up on my G200 too as soon as it enters the level, which hasn't happened with any other game that I've played! Looks like it actually doesn't like the G200. Using the latest drivers v6.23
    System: P-III 450, i440zx, 128 MB SDRAM , Win Me with DX8 etc.
    Ovi

Comment

I don't know about Tony Hawk 2, but Crimson Skies is an unfinished extremely buggy game. You must use at least 128Mb or more, but 256 (or more) would be best. It makes heavy use of a swap file, so don't turn it off. Also, you must use DirectX8 and patch the game to version 1.02. In fact it is best to uninstall the game, then install directx 8, the game again and then the patch immediatly afterwards. Make sure you run a minimal amount of tasks in the background, spilling resources is not an option. Remember to empty the temp directory before you start the game (this sounds wierd but it works).

Edit: Change the desktop to the resolution you run the game at. (always 16bit, since the game can not run in 32bit)

I don't think the G200 is causing the problems, the exit to desktop problem with crimson skies is very common on all kinds of machines.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Hunsow (edited 25 June 2001).]

Comment

Working...
      X