Quake III 1.29f BETA Released for Win32

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake III 1.29f BETA Released for Win32

Anybody happen to notice they posted a new patch to Q3A on Monday? I guess Q3A has become so passé.
    • New pro maps
    • New network code
    • New auto-update system
    • New rail, rocket, plasma, and lightning gun effects
    • New cheating counter measures

I'm about to give it a try. This will be my first attempt at gaming under W2K. My modem has been connecting at a pretty dismal rate (damn ISP) but I haven't done any tweaking yet (not even modifying the init string). Are there any sites for tweaking dial-up under W2K or is is pretty much the usual procedure for Win98?
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

W2K gaming seems to work. I can't believe how rusty I've gotten in the last month or so but I started getting the hang of it after a few matches. My Logitech mouse 3rd button (middle) didn't seem to want to cooperate, even after modding the Registry.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

I'm still playing Q3, just not playing many games, albeit a little exception tonight

I'm sure a few MURCers would like a Q3 version of that reunion night, me, you and dZeus makes 3 Ask around mate

P.
      Meet Jasmine.
      flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

I've installed the point release, and honestly don't care for the new 'effects', as they only hinder gameplay and therefor are disabled in my config

I just installed it for the new 'cheater countermeasures'... not that I encounter that many cheaters (if any at all).

ping is about the same as with the previous point releases for me.

Comment

Working...
        X