I`m in the Semi Finals ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I`m in the Semi Finals ...

Well i`m in the Semi finals in the UT competition i told you about. Thats the good thing.

The bad thing is, i finished 2nd in my group. And the worst thing is, the guy who finished 1st had 40 frags more than me. He had 90, me 50. Now, many of them he scored with the Redeemer ( map played is Deck16 ), but on a number of occasions, he pulled out some miracle shots. Like jumping, getting the Sniper, turning around in air, shooting me in the head, while we were extremely close to each other, we were practically hugging each other. He also managed a dozen of times to frag me by hitting me twice in a row with the Shock Rifle primary Fire. Now, i can understand that these things happen, just not that often.

So i figured, either he is VERY VERY good ( best i`ve seen ), or he is cheating.

So what i want to know is how can i find out whether or not he is cheating and prevent him from cheating again if he is.

BTW, the Semis start today @8pm.

------------------
    Seth, are you ok ?
    I`m peachy, Kate. The world is my oyster.

[This message has been edited by omegaRED (edited 09 June 2001).]
    Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

my guess: he's just good

If you are in doubt, record a demo spectating him... that way you can see if he's cheating or not. No player will have 100% accuracy with any weapon if they shoot a lot. If they do, it's a bot

Comment

Could be, Frank. He wasnt 100% accurate with ALL weapons. Just with the instant hit ones. ( Enforcer, Shock Rifle, Plasma gun (alternate), Sniper Rifle). And Aimbots can be turned on/off during gameplay.

But, just to be sure, i`ll try to convince the Admin ( sort of ) in the gaming club to let me install CSHP4v. At least we will be sure that there aren`t any cheaters in the game.

Anyone who is familiar with CSHP : There are 7 PC`s on which all competitors play. I am aware that Aimbots can be turned on/off during gameplay. I`d like if a player is kicked when he turns the Aimbot on, so a non-cheater wont be kicked if he`s playing on a `puter who just has an Aimbot installed, but he is not aware of the Aimbot and never uses it.

So, to sum it all up. Will CSHP kick just the player who is using an Aimbot, or will it kick anyone who has an Aimbot installed?

------------------
      Seth, are you ok ?

Comment

There are some new aim-bots out there that can get past the CSHP protection. I was in a game and a guy was doing similar things. I got out of the game and spectated him. You can tell the people that are using aim-bots by the way they move. This guy would be facing one direction, pick of 2 people, then immediately be facing the opposite direction and get an instant head shot on someone that just came around the corner behind him. He would tend to go to the same spot (The sniper rifle spot next to the hallway by the flack cannon because a lot of people spawn there) and then he would suddenly start jerking from one frag to the next. You can tell because they don't seem to "turn". They just INSTANTLY face the opponent. I ripped of an e-mail to the server admin and he was really cool about it. He banned the guys IP and I never saw him again. The admin also upgraded his protection program.

As a side note, I read that the aim-bots don't actually aim at the head. They gauge your position by your feet, then when the shot is fired it is aimed at the spot above your feet where the head should be. The remedy for the aim-bots is supposedly a simple one. Duck. If you crouch they will shoot over your head every time, according to this article. I haven't been in a game with another suspected cheater so I haven't been able to check it out, but it's worth a shot.

Of course if the guy is legit, he is going to smoke you real bad if you just run around ducking all the time .

Good Luck!

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Comment

Sweet omegaRED!

The one thing I find interesting is that they are using the Redeemer! I just think its a cheep way of getting frags!

So Good Luck! You can do it!

Oboy

[This message has been edited by Oboy (edited 09 June 2001).]
          Time to make the wafers!
          Oboy Inside!

intel P4 2.26 @ 2.957Ghz

"Life isn't like a box of chocolates...it's more like a jar of
          jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow."

Comment

One more thing. Go check his stats. Go to the in-depth thing and check his percentage with each weapons. The cheater I was talking about was 95% with the sniper rifle. He had like 1500 total frags, and 1350 of them were head shots. The only weapons he used were the sniper rifle, the shock rifle and the enforcer (all the weapons that don't have any travel time).

If you find that this guy is using other weapons then he is just a good player since the aim-bot stuff is worthless with the rocket launcher and the flack cannon.

Sometimes it's hard to admit, but there are actually some better players out there. I hate it, but it's true. I always think it's funny when people accuse ME of cheating. When Snake-Eyes and I are playing in the same game we almost always come in #1 and #2 (I'm ALWAYS #2). Everyone starts yelling that we are teaming up. After the game I check the stats and find that we kill eachother almost 2 to 1 to the other players. I'll pass 3 people to try to kill him and he tends to do the same.

When it's a legitimate complaint, I am fully behind them, but sometimes people are just whiners.

To answer your other question, the CSHP will not "kick" a player when he turns it on. It will keep the person from ever connecting to the server. Somehow it senses a file that the aimbot uses and blocks that person from entering the game whether it is turned on or not.

[This message has been edited by Kindness! (edited 09 June 2001).]

Comment

Kindness!, i can admit if he is really a better player than i am. If he is, then i will congratulate him on winning the 1st prize.

I am not dissapointed by finishing 2nd. I consider myself a GOOD player, certainly not the best.

But this guy made all the other players look like pieces of sh*t. I mean, i may not be the best, but i`m certainly not THAT bad.

Other thing i`ve noticed is that he wasnt very effective with the Rockets or the Flak Cannon. When facing 1 on 1 situations, we were tied. I fragged him ~as many times as he did me, with the RocketL or the Flak Cannon.

------------------
              Seth, are you ok ?

Comment

hehe I wasn't implying that YOU were a whiner. I get mad about cheaters too. I can take a beating as well as anyone but when cheating is involved it pisses me off big time.

Sounds like the guy you are talking about is cheating, though. From what I have seen the REALLY good players will pound you with the shock combo (I have recently started working on that). If all they do is run around with the sniper rifle I suspect something is up.

Like I said, go check his stats. I guarantee that he will either be unregistered, or his sniper rifle percentages will be impossibly high. You can check them by name. If he has a l33t way of spelling it, go to YOUR stats and go through one of the games that you played against him. You can chase him down that way.

[This message has been edited by Kindness! (edited 09 June 2001).]

Comment

Well, guess what? I ended up in the same group with the 'Cheater' again in the Semifinals. He won again.

I finished 4th this time, but this time all the players were really, really good.

Scores:
                  • 1st: 84
                    2nd: 65
                    3rd: 52
                    4th: 50 (me)
                    ------------
                    5th: 49
                    6th: 48
                    7th: 42
                    8th: 39

This time we agreed to throw out the Redeemer, and it was a very game without it.

So, can anyone give me some tips for the finals? They start tommorrow ... wish me luck again

------------------
                  Seth, are you ok ?

Comment

Sh!t ... i just d/l an Aimbot (Funbot), and it just ruins the game ... i cant believe its that easy ...

Just press a key, get a headshot, press the key again and you go on like nothing happened. The thing is, you dont have to use it all the time. Just getting some 15-20 frags per game ... and if one does not suspect the guy, he would go on unnoticed. I just hope that tommorrow we`ll be in different groups, and i can watch the guy ...

I *thought* he wasnt cheating, because i didnt know how aimbots work IRL (IRG-game), and i figured, since it looked like the other guys who were in the same group knew him, if he was using an Aimbot, they would`ve known or noticed ... i dunno ... i`ll check the `puter he played on to see if there are any Aimbots or something ...

------------------
                    Seth, are you ok ?

Comment

Hell, I never whine when I lose to somebody in on-line gaming. I just celebrate like a madman when I finally manage to win against <font size=+1>anybody</font>.
                      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

To check out wether he is or not using a bot, check out Kindness' post: Really good players will make 'natural' movements with very low reaction delays, but bot users will make movements that are 'inhuman', i.e. they'll hit people without knowing where they are (or what they'll do) up till 250ms before they can see them. Afaik, in q3a bots will aim to the closest player, whatever direction he/she is. So if a player is changing direction VERY suddenly without any reason and immediately hitting, then it HAS to be either a fluke or a bot user. Flukes never happen twice or thrice after another.

[This message has been edited by dZeus (edited 10 June 2001).]

Comment

dZeus is right. When I was watching this guy he just popped from one target to the next. Absolutely no time to line up the shot or even evaluate which way the person was running. He just flipped around instantly and popped off a head shot. The worst part about this guy was his attitude. He would come out at the end of the game with 30 frags and maybe 1 or 2 deaths then proceed to talk trash to everyone. Everyone else KNEW that he was cheating. When I was spectating him I was talking trash to him from the sidelines telling him to try winning without the sniper rifle. He started cursing me out and everyone else was telling him to leave. I said "Don't worry about this guy. I have his IP now." (which I didn't). He got VERY defensive. He said "If you have my IP, what is it?" I said "Trust me. You need to leave or it gets posted on the net". He left IMMEDIATELY.

omegaRED: Be carefull to completely remove the aimbot before you go back out and play on your favorite servers. Even if you think that you have it completely removed, there still may be a file that the protection picks up. If the servers that you like to play on have CSHP you run the risk of being kick/banned from them.

I tried out an aimbot several months ago. I only used it in single player games, and a friends server just to see if it was effective with a moderate ping. If the ping is much over 150 they are not worth using. It was kinda neat getting into a single plaer "Face" game and perching atop the tower with the sniper rifle. After about 20 min. of that I got bored though.

These kids that are seeking out ways to cheat are ruining the game for me. I was so mad about thtat guy in my favorite server that I didn't play for quite a while. That's why I like playing with the MURC gang. They seem to be a lot more mature and not likely to cheat.

Comment

Yeah, i noticed that the aim just sticks itself on the nearest player, making inhuman movement ( no turning at all ).
                            But, as i was saying, if one wants to cheat and go on unnoticed, he can turn on the Aimbot, get a shot and immediately turn the Aimbot off. That way, esp. when there`s only 1 player in the vicinity, the aim wont go berserk and jerking from one guys forehead to anothers, and there is very little chance that anyone would notice he was using an Aimbot.

At this competition, there are monitors outside which show every player in 1st person ( DualHead clone mode like ), so everyone outside can see what every player is doing, which makes it a little difficult to have the Aimbot turned on all the time and getting away with it. Most of the players are good players, but it seems that they dont know that Aimbots exist. So even if one notices some inhuman movement/aiming, he would just say "Wow, look at what the guy did ... "

Thats why i`m hoping i`ll be in a different group, so i can watch him outside.

Besides, how can one play with sensitivity 2, and still turn very fast and never get caught with his back turned?

------------------
                            Seth, are you ok ?

Comment

Oh yeah, just to make sure :

I wont be using an Aimbot or any form of cheating to gain something.

This refers both to this competition and playing online.

------------------
                              Seth, are you ok ?

Comment

Working...
                              X