Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Sam demo....

Just wondering...

I tried the demo and the game looks cool but there's a annoying bug. The image constantly flashes white.

It gets too tiresome to play long.

I have a brand new Athlon 750, 256 megs of Ram and a G400 MAX Windows 98 SE

Sicna
    Asus K7V
    Athlon 750Mhz
    1 X 256 megs Kingston PC 133 Mhz CAS 3-2-2
    Matrox G400 MAX
    Soundblaster Live
    Windows ME & 2000 Professionnal

What kind of party is this. There's no booze and only one hooker. -Bender

talk about a game that makes your system look obsolete!!!! graphics are VERY VERY NICE and ADVANCED if you have all the settings to high.. but i guarantee your frame rate will just drop dead(if you are using a matrox card like i am anyway). i wonder how well a 1Gig system with a geforce 2 would do. also, the game is in opengl.. that doesn't help much for my win2k system. ouch! but you wanna see some next gen game demo.. this is definitely IT!!!

i wish i know there's a way to check fps.. i bet i was getting 2 fps *shriek*

------------------
    Glarec
    ------
    bp6-(2)433(oc488) celerons, g400max, ibm ultra scsi 9.1g, sb-live value, hitachi ss-753 19", plextor 32x, etc, etc, etc...

Glarec
    ------
    bp6-(2)433(oc488) celerons, g400max, ibm ultra scsi 9.1g, sb-live value, hitachi ss-753 19", plextor 32x, etc, etc, etc...

Comment

Well it seemed fast enough on mine actually

Just all messed up!!!

Sicna
      Asus K7V
      Athlon 750Mhz
      1 X 256 megs Kingston PC 133 Mhz CAS 3-2-2
      Matrox G400 MAX
      Soundblaster Live
      Windows ME & 2000 Professionnal

What kind of party is this. There's no booze and only one hooker. -Bender

Comment

*CRash!*
        aarggh, was able to play it though, I don't think it's any special.. will have to wait for the demo.
        In case it's a harware problem:
        PIII-500@560, 256 MB, G400 MAX DH on, ABIT BH6, MX300
        Win2K drivers: 5.52

Comment

yep. On my machine it takes ages to load all the stuff, and only half a minute to crash :-( (the in-game cinematics intro stuff or whatever it is supposed to be crashes)

What I DID see, looked quite good

My crash setup (normal OpenGL stugg never crashes):
          Win2k, Powerdesk 5.06 drivers, Abit BX6r2 with i440BX chipset, G400 DH 32MB, 128MB RAM, Celeron 366, 3Com 905C-tx ROCKS, SBLive! Player 1024, Adaptec 2940UW, IBM DDRS34560D, Plextor UltraPlex32tsi, Plextor PlexWriter r412c, Dell P990 (yeah :-), logitech mouseman+ PS/2, cherry keyboard, and lots of dust in the system case

Comment

you people are all having better luck than i am the damn game complains that it can't set the video mode when i try to run it.
            I have tried running it with DH disabled and enabled, but have yet to get into the game
            Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
            WinXP Professional SP1
            Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1
            3COM 905C

Comment

just played the demo in 1024x768@32bpp and it looks very nice, probably only doing around 30-35 fps but still very playable

------------------
              Abit BE6 with P3 500 @ 5*133=667 and climbing!
              14.6 gb Maxtor ata66 and 128mb pc-133 ram
              G400 vanilla 32mb @ 168/210
              Sblive with Altec Lansing speaker combo
              384k DSL and Realtek nic
              Windows 98se with DX7a
              Worn out reset button :O)

PIII-500mhz @ 620 ! with an Abit BE6 mobo
              128mb pc-100 cas 2
              Mill G400 (vanilla!!!) 32mb @ 167/208 with MGATweak-417mhz, (2.5, 2, 2.5), PD 5.5010 & bios 1.5-22
              Maxtor 14.3 gb Uata66 hdd
              SB Live!
              Winblows 98se & DX7
              and 384k DSL!

Comment

Lucky you! Mine crashed my whole computer hard during the demo.
                Ant @ The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx)

Comment

I tried the demo yesterday:
                  Three hard chrashes...

CU Wannabe

[This message has been edited by Wannabe (edited 02 June 2000).]

Comment

strange.. it never crash on me *ponder*

it was ok at 1024x768. but try 1600x1200 and your system will surely die.. well... don't know about high end p3 and athlon.. but my dual celery at 488 was spitting blood trying to keep up. no crashes though

------------------
                    Glarec
                    ------

Glarec
                    ------

Comment

Hey Guys,
                      Here's how to run Serious Sam in DH, under Graphics options select a resolution with a DH besides it, like 800x600DH. Then it will switch automatically the second screen. when you start playing it goes to the second screen where you can check the stats, weapons, tactical data etc.. then you can switch between screens while clicking on the right mouse button. Again i wouldn't worry about the crashes or performance, it's still a test build...

Regards,

------------------
                      "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."
                      "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

Comment

I dont know about you guys, but when I try to run the game it wont do ARB multitexture because of some missing blend mode. This would explain the rather poor performance.

Also, anyone know why they dont include the "use" key in the custom control settings? Its kinda important.

------------------
                        This Signature Space FOR SALE / RENT

Comment

I REALLY wish they'd get that missing ICD extension figured out, they did say they were working on it TO Croteam.

I'm sure there'd be a performance boost with that.

Maybe I could run 800x600 better than on my 990MHZ P3!

Comment

Working...
                          X