Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a few questions about Black and White, if anyone here is playing it..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a few questions about Black and White, if anyone here is playing it..

I was thinking of getting this game cause i'm looking for a new game my son and I can play together. He's only 6, and I do not play UT, Rogue spear or other similar games in front of him at this age, is black and white a game acceptable to a 6 year old? I have read reviews and it doesn't really say if its really violent or gory and I'm just wondering if people know from playing it. Thanks
    Asus P2b(1011),P3 500,256 mb pc133,Matrox G400 DH,Asus 50x,Iomega zip,Mitsumi CDR,Ibm 20 gb hd,Promise ultra 66 controller,Sb Live,Win 2000 pro

Ok, I saw a post with about 75 relpy's a ways down so my other question is did they resolve the problem with the agp aperature yet? How does it look with the G400? Thanks

------------------
    Asus P2b(1011),P3 500,256 mb pc133,Matrox G400 DH,Asus 50x,Iomega zip,Mitsumi CDR,Ibm 20 gb hd,Promise ultra 66 controller,Sb Live,Win 2000 pro

Comment

Plus your monster will eat it's own poo, not a very good role model for kids.

Comment

... but you can always punish your 'representative' for bad behaviour and it'll learn from it (most of the time)

I think it is ok for a 6 year old, as long as he doesn't play on his own, until your guidance was sufficient enough to give him the needed awareness of responsibility.

It's a great game, you can let it float if you want to or directly interact with your tiny little world.

Hope that helps a bit.

Cheers,
        Maggi
        Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
        Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
        be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
        4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
        2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
        OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
        4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
        Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
        Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
        LG BH10LS38
        LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Before I swapped my G400MAX out, Black & White played well with it.
          I couldn't play with all the graphics options switched on - but the ones I did have on made the game very acceptable under the G400.
          There are still bugs in the game, glitches here and there and it appears to be cross-video card, so everyone is having issues.
          Lionhead Studio's have been promising a big (9mb) patch for a while, should have been out yesterday, now slated for Friday.

Now as for 'is it suitable for a 6 year old'.
          Tough.
          All in all not that gory.
          You're creature can eat and throw villagers.
          You can pick villagers up and throw them around, throw them into things, sacrafice them - yes you can kill them.
          But they just kind of die, it's not as if you see gore.
          You're creature will also take 'dumps' all around the place (until he's trained to do otherwise).
          It's certainly not a gory game, but the things you can actually do with the villagers I guess is questionable.
          It cost one penny to cross, or one hundred gold pieces if you had a billygoat.
          Trolls might not be quick thinkers but they don't forget in a hurry, either

Comment

Thanks everyone, I've decided to get this game and just monitor what we do with it, it sounds like you are in control of what the creature does and I don't think a monkey eating a little poo is to serious, Is that patch supposed to fix the G400 problem where people had to set their agp aperature really low? Thanks again

Comment

I hope so!

Once you've seen the game run with volumetric lighting turned on, you'll really miss it on your G400

It looks really good on my mates GF2...

The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Working...
              X