Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with running a UT server

Hello all,

Hopefully someone can help me here, I have been trying to run a gameserver (just for a few of my clanmates to practise on) What happens is I start a new multiplayer game & I can see it advertised in the server listings no probs at all, but when someone tries to connect the server dosent respond & just stops running at my end ?
    Playing the game I have no probs on other servers(except the damn BT adsl ping spikes & packet loss but of course thats another prob in itself)

Can someone pls help ?

Im using WinME, 750 Athlon, 256mb, ADSL so as you can see I should have no probs running a small UT gameserver.

Thanx for any help offered.

I'm not sure about this (not sure at all in fact) but I heard rumours that the BT adsl was going to be firewalled to hell and back, just so that people can't run servers on it.

I don't know much about UT servers, but make sure you set the multihome= line on the command line if you're on ADSL and a local network. I've got a feeling you need to enable the master uplink stuff too.

Hop into #unrealfortress on quakenet if you still need help, there are normally some server admins around in there.

------------------
    Unreal Fortress developer

Comment

Didnt find anything there about this prob unfortunately

Does anyone know about this sort of prob pls ?

thx for any help........

Robbo

Comment

I don't know about the BT thing, but make sure you have opened the following ports through your firewall.

7777-7781 for UDP
        80 for TCP (RemoteAdminWeb)
        27900 for UDP
        47624 for TCP
        2300-2400 for TCP/UDP

Comment

Working...
        X