Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP UT just started locking up on me. Grrrr!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP UT just started locking up on me. Grrrr!

Well I have been running this UT setup for a long time, and the other night it started locking up on me. Just out of the blue when I was doing somewhat good. I had to reboot the puter it locked up that bad. I looked at settings, they where fine, reinstalled UT no luck, so thinking it could have been some software that I had installed or some type of virus, I did a format c: and reinstalled just the things I needed for UT. With no luck it still locks up on me. So I then changed out video cards thinking that may be the problem, but that didn't help. So then I reformatted and installed dx7a thinking it may be something with that, it still locks up. SO I'm out of ideas. The thing I don't get is that it was working just fine before last Wednesday night. It will lockup playing online or just playing the puter. Could it be a hardware thing? If so what. I don't think it could be the video cards, since it did the same thing on two different cards.
    So keep in mind that I have been running this UT setup for about 8 months.
    Thanks for your help! GOD I'm going through UT withdraws!

Oboy
    Time to make the wafers!
    Oboy Inside!

intel P4 2.26 @ 2.957Ghz

"Life isn't like a box of chocolates...it's more like a jar of
    jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow."

Check your cpu/heatsink, reseat your cards and RAM.

Comment

Could be and usually is a software problem. Something's been corrupted (registry?) which causes problems in some software... good luck finding the little bugger
      What I'd do is a clean re-install of everything and ghosting the working setup after that. Lots of work, sure, but that's just the way I am...

------------------
      Idiots try to maintain order - A genius can control chaos.
      Idiots try to maintain order - A genius can control chaos.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I did a format c: and reinstalled just the things I needed for UT</font>
        The man did that already...

Comment

Oboy - some recent versions of CSHP cause problems like you describe when you watch as a spectator. I have had this problem myself when watching my server from my gaming computer.

The way to tell if this is your problem is to look at the size of your UT.log file. The bad versions of CSHP (which I am no longer running) cause this file to grow very large very fast. If it is MBs in size, that is your problem. Delete it and delete all versions of CSHP in your cache directory (to be safe). Avoid sites using CSHP4s and 4t. These are the versions that can cause trouble this way.

Comment

O.K. I got it working agian.
            I have somthing going bad in my system. It will not O/C to 933Mhz now, but if I run it at slower its happy. So it looks like I will need to get some new Ram and try that out.
            Thanks for all the help!

Oboy
            Time to make the wafers!
            Oboy Inside!

intel P4 2.26 @ 2.957Ghz

"Life isn't like a box of chocolates...it's more like a jar of
            jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow."

Comment

Working...
            X