UT & new OpenGL DLL used with G400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT & new OpenGL DLL used with G400

I've downloaded the latest OpenGL release made by EpicGames and I've put the DLL into the SYSTEM folder.
    When I launch the game, the window opens but everything remains black, with no action possible: I have to restart Win98.

My Matrox G400 has latest drivers installed (certified).

Thanx

do you have a link ?

also a comlete list of your system details and seetings might help ...

Cheers,
    Maggi
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
    LG BH10LS38
    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Actually, you don't really need to post any specs on your box. That type of thing has been a common occurence for me, and I'm sure a few others. Now, I'm assuming it used to work with the standard opengl UT driver? If not, then go back to square one, dude or dudette. On my machine, opengl has been a little touchy with UT, so I use D3D, and it's not as fast but playable. One thing the 'latest' UT driver does is try to implement s3tc texture compression, which the Matrox G400 doesn't support. A popular way of getting around this is to change the unrealtournament.ini file, Opengl settings where it says 'UseTnT' or whatever to true, from false. Also, turn s3tc off. The latest UT GL driver never worked on either of my machines, though. When I did get textures to show up, the screen would just fill up with textures, without 'redrawing' the screen. Opengl worked ok with Quake2, and didn't work with the fogcity2 benchmark. This is in W2k. Don't know about w98. So, the moral of the story is...Make sure you get the ini settings for opengl just right, if you want to use the latest GL driver. Peace

Comment

My system is:

- AMD Athlon 500Mhz
        - 64Mb RAM
        - Matrox G400 32Mb
        - SoundBlaster Live! Value

and this is the link where to get updated OpenGL DLLs:
        http://unreal.epicgames.com/

I've got all the ini settings correctly modified, as said by Epic.
        Bye.

Comment

If you've used the settings provided by Epic, then you have S3TC turned on. The G400 doesn't support this, so you need to disble it.
          "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

I've done it, but now I'm having textures problems: during intro movie, wrong textures are displayed, as they were multicolored rectangles.

Whazzup???

Comment

You need to set TNT=1
              "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

I had the problems that youve described. But I got the dll to work by installing turbogl v1.3. Unfortunately this was still slightly glitchy, and slower on my machine (athlon 500, 128nb ram g400) than d3d.

I must admit, I never tried the tnt=1 thing with the standard driver tho...

------------------
                Illusion[Spirit]
                www.spiritclan.co.uk
                Illusion[Spirit]
                www.spiritclan.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X