Ok. I want my 85 Hz BACK !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok. I want my 85 Hz BACK !!!

Ok. I installed win2k again and I realised some very nice and bad things.
    1. 3D sound in Ut is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than in win98 BUT takes a BIG CPU hit. My FPS Lowered by 20 with 3D sound. WIthout, its like win98 and everything is ok.

2. All my opengl games (with my G400 max and 5.51, cause 5.52 has BROKEN opengl) use a very nice 60 hz refresh rate BUT it is set to 85 in win2k video pannel. ANy way to CHANGE THIS ??? Cause gaming experience=0 with that refresh rate.. well.. for me !

3. I found a site that talks about the bugs of the opengl ICD and win2k... oh well...I have the same buys and the most annoying is the one that you see flashing polygons on long walls. When this is going to be fixed ? Its been a while now no ?

4. I like the colors of win2k ! LOL

Hehe.
    Thanks

THor
    Thor !
    www.clubinfo.bdeb.qc.ca

All you have to do, is instead of setting refresh rate in windows refresh rate controls, use matrox monitor setting. Set it to 85 or whatever for every mode (there are 3-4 modes per resolution). It will take a few mins, but after that everythign is gonna work like a dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Och
      All you have to do, is instead of setting refresh rate in windows refresh rate controls, use matrox monitor setting. Set it to 85 or whatever for every mode (there are 3-4 modes per resolution). It will take a few mins, but after that everythign is gonna work like a dream.
      I have this problem, have tried this to resolve it and it doesn't work. Any other suggestions?

Comment

Comment

found this while browsing & although it's referring to a GF for OGL, with adjustments/substitutions I assume it'll also apply to a matrox card.

For Direct3D games in Windows 2000, run DXDiag, click on 'More Help', click 'Override...' and type in your desired refresh rate.

For OpenGL games in Windows 2000, follow the following instructions from Scott's Hardware Scene:

1. Click on Start / Run and type 'Regedt32' and click on OK
          2. Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE in Local Machine, click on System
          3. Click on CurrentControlSet
          4. Click on Services
          5. Click on nv4
          6. Click on Device0
          7. Double click on NV10_Modes (if you have a GeForce SDR card), NV10DDR_Modes (if you have a GeForce DDR card), NV15_Modes (if you have a GeForce 2 SDR card) or NV15DDR_Modes (if you have a GeForce 2 DDR card) (NV20 for the GF3) on the right hand side
          8. Edit the corresponding setting for the given colour-depth, and resolution
          For example, to set 800x600 @ 16 bit colour, go to the entry:
          16 800 600 60 70 72 75 85 100 120 0
          Here '16' is for the colour depth, '800 600' is for the resolution, and the next 7 settings are the monitor refresh rates. Do not remove the trailing zero!
          9. Remove all the monitor frequencies that you do not want. The drivers will default to the lowest setting listed for the given resolution

Comment

> found this while browsing & although it's referring to a GF for
            > OGL, with adjustments/substitutions I assume it'll also apply to
            > a matrox card.

Nah, its for nvidia cards only unfortunatly :-(
            I think there is a program which you can download (nvreffix-setup.exe) that does it for you automatically too.

Comment

Working...
            X