* AGP 4x turned off.
    * Onboard AC97 Audio
    * Qlogic SCSI Card
    * 2 UW scsi HDs
    * USB mouse
    * USB Joystick
    * Windows 2k Pro SP1
    * Dx 7

When playing UT in Dx mode, it's slow as molasses. In Opengl mode, it's fast, but locks up or goes real slow after about 5 minutes. Tried slowing down the video clock speed. Not a whole lot of difference. I don't have dual monitor option turned on, as I only have one monitor. Also, using winsock proxy client to share a cable line. Trying to find an online game crashes UT. Also, tried monitoring cpu temps and volts during software mode. cpu temp 102F max. Have glued a fan on video chip. NOT oc'ing video.
    Used 551, 552, 532whql drivers. No difference really, except whql are a little more stable. Using 16bit zbuffer.
    Any help would be appreciated.

p.s. As the board is ACPI, w2k puts all IRQ's for AGP/PCI devices to one IRQ. Also, Sisoft Sandra reports Ram bus is 133, cpu bus is 133, AGP is 66. 4 way Memory Interleave is enabled via patch.

A suggestion: try DirectX 8. Improves things on Win2K significantly. Also, Direct3D is the way to go for UT, unless you are on Linux.

-Rahul

------------------
    Abit KT7, Duron 700@900, G400 32MB DualHead, 256MB RAM, 2xMaxtor 20 GB, SBLive! Value.
    Running RedHat 7.1 and Windows 2000 Professional.
    Porsche: MSI K7N2-L, Athlon XP 2100+, G400 32MB DualHead, 1G RAM, 2xMaxtor 20 GB, Gentoo Linux
    Quicksilver: HP Omnibook 500, PIII 700 MHz, 512MB RAM, 30GB, RedHat Linux 9.

Comment

Well, I tried that, and there was no improvement in performance. It's a given, of course, that D3D is stable. But, there has to be a way of stabilizing OpenGL. I think. Anybody out there with a comparable rig get openGL to work in w2k?

Comment

Ever since the post 436 OpenGL betas were released, I've been running UT OpenGL on both my G400 Max and Radron 64 VIVO....

Comment

UT runs fine on duallies. Mabye you have the graphics upped to high? You only have a 16m card and a G400 vannilla not overclocked....

It's also possible that your MSI mobo doesn't fully support ACPI. Try a bios upgrade.
          C:\DOS
          C:\DOS\RUN
          \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Try setting your 2D desktop color depth to 16 bit or 32 bit color.

Comment

Well, I have looked around for a bios update on my box. It's an MSI mb, and it's a long story, but I pretty much have the latest bios. With the cpus OCed via 133mhz bus, the G400 refuses to work in games at agp 4x. At 100mhz, it works fine, in D3D. So, I'm content to live at agp 2x. However, opengl would stutter and lock up eventually at 100 or 133, agp 4x or 2x. I did go into advanced and cut down the texture detail to medium, which sped up the game quite a bit. Also, although I had flip on refresh turned off, Directx was running at 60hz, so I got out the old directx control panel icon from days gone by and forced it up to 75hz. So, all in all, I would say it's playable now. I had 16 bit on the 2d desktop.

Comment

Working...
              X