Return to Wolfenstein Castle - pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return to Wolfenstein Castle - pics

It's probably a game you have heard of. The sequel to the original Wolfenstein 3D by id.

3 highly detailed but dark pictures with the warning that they are very big. If you're loading them on a modem, have some patience. My problem was that my monitor was too small to see them really good

And furthermore the site to keep an eye on for the coming months: The official Return to Wolfenstein Castle page. I wonder what videocard they made the screenshots on, for they are very blurry

Highly awaiting more soon...

Jord.

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 19 April 2001).]
    Jordâ„¢

Excellent !

Looks really awesome, now let's hope they can give us a nice story line, ie. I'd prefer some interesting missions over the usual multiplayer fragging.

Cheers,
    Maggi
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
    LG BH10LS38
    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

I just love that WW2 ambience in a 3D fps mission-based game. Just hope they do a good job.

Comment

For Maggi:[list=1][*] The game is more of a "remake" then a sequel. It will be a retelling of the original Wolfenstein 3D's story.[*] It will stay true to the reality blended with fantasy elements of the original. It will also feature puzzles like the original.[*] Since it is a based on the Quake III engine, mulitplayer features as well as MOD capabilities will be in place (YES!).[*] The environments will be interactive (e.g. firing stationary artillery) and the AI will be the best yet (e.g. Nazis working in groups or using the interactive environments to their advantage).[*] No word on the release date.[/list=a]

Hope it gives some more info

Btw, as far as I understand from various previews, the first chapter of the game is something you have to see to believe it. With you trying to make a beach-landing from the water, equiped with only a gun with sniper-scope and some grenades, up against half the German army. Grenades you lob at them too early, they will friendly lob back to you. Mjummie

Jord.

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 19 April 2001).]
        Jordâ„¢

Comment

I didn't know the original HAD a story....
          My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

I can just say one thing!!

!!!!

Comment

Well, it looks gorgeous, but I hope it's <u>fun</u>. Wolf3D was the first shooter I ever played, and it really set the tone for me, in many ways defining what I want in a shooter.

I hope this game retains some of the original's sense of humor and doesn't take itself completely seriously the way FPS's have seemed to since Quake and Unreal.

Gotta say, though... for a "remake", it's a lot more to look forward to than RealMyst and its ilk (when <u>will</u> they get tired of re-packaging that blasted game...? Packaged with Riven. Packaged with Riven on DVD. The "Collector's Edition" or was it the "Anniversary Edition"? RealMyst. Don't they know we've already played it??? Geez.)

------------------------
              Holly

[This message has been edited by HollyBerri (edited 23 April 2001).]

Comment

More info for Maggi

This month's PC Gamer contains a two page article on RTCW that spills a few juicy details to those of us determined to find out every little thing there is to know about the game. Here's the bits that stuck out in my mind:
                • The plotline involves Himmler's attempts to revive the ghost of a 10th-century leader and raise an army of Nazis undead to rule the world. Nice.
                • Blaskowitz's agency is called the Office of Secret Actions (OSA)
                • You start the game escaping a jail cell
                • Some of the game's missions will require stealth and cunning. Others will require straight-up action
                • There will be lots of scripted sequences and dialogue to be overheard between foes
                • The game will feature a journal system that records important information for you (such as a conversation overheard while eavesdropping on a pair of soldiers)
                • You can't sneak up on zombies. Gotta blast 'em.
                • The game's heads up display (HUD) will tell you what items are breakable, what things are climbable, and what enemies are susceptible to backstabbing
                • Gray Matter has taken special care to prevent players from accidentally falling off ladders
                • There are three ways to kick a door in: silent, normal, and "charged ram"
                • Some enemies will be resistant to different forms of attack (fire, bullets, electricity, etc.)
                • The mechanized Hitler boss is "likely" to make a return appearance
                • There will be 16 weapons in the game
                • The lightning weapon is indeed called the "Tesla Gun", and can attack multiple enemies at once

The article also includes 7 new screenshots, including a Venom soldier, two shots of zombies, a castle wall shot (it looks better than it sounds), two shots of Nazi soldiers, and one of a guard post. Unfortunately the article doesn't say a single word about multiplayer. I'm not sure if that worries me or not.

Source

Also, on returntowolfenstein.com you can chat about it in a forum. No, the character Jordo there isn't me

Jord.
                Jordâ„¢

Comment

More info in German on http://www.planet-wolfenstein.de/start_Home.shtml

SCREENSHOTS

Edit: they are sure scary enough !!

But also gorgeous:

Jord.

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 02 May 2001).]
                  Jordâ„¢

Comment

I keep coming back here

Anyone out there still playing Quake2?
                    If so, do you have ADSL or cable?
                    If so, you can play the SOG Wolfenstein maps!

"Yes! The ever anticipated following of the abandoned Q2 Generations mod, called SOG (Save Our Games) is out and the Wolfenstein maps are looking just awesome.. You ask what this and the Generations mod was all about? Well what it is, is a Quake2 mod that's based around bringing back the games of old, and making em better. The mod itself weighs in at a heavy 70megs, but definately worth the download, as there's already 1 map pack out, with another one dubbed "The Burning Sands" which is looking good and already more than half way completed. Be sure to stop by the SOG home site today and check it all out for yourself!"

Jord.
                    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Working...
                    X