Unable to Start a Second UT Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to Start a Second UT Server

I am currently hosting a Win NT4 (6a) DM/Instagib server. I wish to start a second LMS server on the same computer.

I have set up two batch files either one of which will run UT with Instagib and CCProtection as mutators. The batch files are set up like this with server2.ini substituted in place of server1.ini in the respective place in the other batch file. The correct botpack is substituted in the LMS batch file also.
    =========================
    :top
    c:
    cd\Unrealtournament\System
    ucc server dm-Hyperblast?game=Botpack.DeathMatchPlus mutator=BotPack.InstaGibDM mutator=CCprotect.CCProtector
    multihome=216.27.135.150 ini=server1.ini log=server1.log
    goto top
    ===========================
    The two batch files are supposed to configure UT from server1.ini and server 2.ini which were created by configuring with UT.exe and then renamed to the appropriate server*.ini file.

Server2.ini was modified to make the listen port for webadmin 8080. This was left at 80 in server1.ini. Also, the game port was changed to 7788 in server2.ini and left at 7777 in server1.ini. Those are the only two additional changes made to the two *.ini files.

When both batch files are run, both appear to run normally and stop after successfully logging in to the three master servers. Both CSHP4N and CCProtect are enabled in both programs as desired.

Both servers show up as advertised under the DM and LMS tabs in the master server listing. Both listings show the active port to be 7777 and both listings connect to the LMS server when the link is activated.(216.27.135.150:7777).

Using IE as the webadmin, I can only access the LMS game through port 80. Attempting to access the game though port 8080 gives an error meaning the site does not exist.

In addition to the ports necessary to run the single server, I have opened ports 7788-7792 and port 8080 through the software firewall.

Where did I go wrong? It appears both batch files run the existing UT.ini file instead of the server1.ini and server2.ini as placed in their respective batch files. If I change the UT.ini file, both instances of the servers change in the same way.

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 17 April 2001).]

Um...without trying to sound thick here, but are 80 and 8080 not the same? No, I'm talking crap...

Why not use something other than 8080 for the 2nd web?

P.
    Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Thanks for the sugestion on the port Pace. I ended up using 8888 for the access port. (Don't know if it was a problem or not)

Solved the overall problem by inserting the startement

Port=7788

in the LMS batch file after the multihome statement.

Comment

Working...
      X